What did you do to your pool today?

First time pool owner. Pulled the cover (ripped in the center) off today, vacuumed large debris and leaves, connected the pump and filter and topped off the water. Ran the pump and filter for about an hour. Did my very first water test with the help of my wife. Numbers were not too bad. Covered it back up for now until I get the chems I need.

Opened my pool for its second season. I continue to have hoses leaking at the clamp site. I just cannot figure out why. Upgraded them after my Cornelius was installed along with pump upgrade. Had a pool guy set it all up and the hoses just drip. Its maddening!!!!

Opened my pool for its second season. I continue to have hoses leaking at the clamp site. I just cannot figure out why. Upgraded them after my Cornelius was installed along with pump upgrade. Had a pool guy set it all up and the hoses just drip. Its maddening!!!!
Try using 2 hose clamps - 1 just below the other

Rain, warm temperatures, and now sun has melted all the floating ice. I tied up a sump pump to lower my water which was close to overflowing. I removed the excess water from the top in the shallow end. Canadian Tire has a lot of liquid chlorine bottles all lined up. I will buy some today and then get some in the pool. The same sump pump will mix the water up. I will lower in deep end and let the hose snake around.

Last edited:
I got in! It was cold (80 degrees) but we have some storms coming through tonight and tomorrow, which is just going to make it colder, so this was really my only chance until next weekend to get in and do some brushing.

I survived!

62A1F057-3C2B-4E8C-A90B-10CD7E7BCEF7.jpeg

Hosed down the deck, brushed the pool where the robot can't go, cleaned the spa, checked the chem levels. Water is 83F right now. I'll wait for it to reach 84F this afternoon and then do some laps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Stared in disbelief at temp. It’s down to 78? What the heck?

Threw Junior in to do his robot stuff.

Opened my pool on Sunday. It was the first time removing a solid safety cover. Previously owned mesh safety covers. I was worried about the extra weight but it came off easily. The opening water temperature was 63F. After one day, the heat pump raised it to 75F.

Heated it up to about 88 so the kids could go swimming. I jumped in after I finished my yard chores. Unfortunately the clouds rolled in around noon. I wasn't expecting that. Last I heard we were supposed to be sunny and gorgeous all weekend. Now looks like rain all day tomorrow. Oh well!

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support