What did you do to your pool today?

I put my solar cover on last weekend, and mine is already up to 80 degrees! :cheers:
Our cover has been on for a while, but the max has been 77 so far. The spa heats up to our preferred 94 pretty quick, and after the current cold front, I think we'll have high 70 /low 80 days for a while, and I'm going to start heating the pool😁😁😁.

IMG_6421.jpeg

Trench for the electrical for our new heat pump. Seriously, I don't know how anyone fighting a war finds time to shoot at each other when the Dang digging takes so much time and energy. And I was only making a trench 18" deep and 5" wide!

Reactions: Newdude
What did you use to dig it? That is one of the straightest digs I have ever seen!
Thanks! I used a 16" drain/trench spade to start, then a trench shovel and a mattocks as it got deeper.

I considered getting a powered trencher but there is an old electrical line buried out there for the pool and shed from before we moved in, and I don't know where they are. Utilizing Murphy's Law, I concluded that if I dug by hand, I'd never find the old electrical but if I used a ditch witch I'd probably sever it in the first five minutes. 🙄

Reactions: kimkats
Carried six of these (store picture) down to the pool a few months ago getting ready for spring. Replacing sling chaise lounges that lasted 8 years. They were not Sunbrella so I was reasonably pleased with that lifespan.

Bahia Chaise Sandstone - Grosfillex.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ran the robot and emptied umpteen pounds of pollen from its bag and the skimmer. Leaned my chin on the railing and soaked up sun for a few minutes - it was beautiful today.

Hung a CYA sock in front of return, tested and threw in some chlorine, and looked at my two slow drips with annoyance! It will probably be Sunday before I can do anything with them - pesky career is getting in the way!

Reactions: ashtonfitzgerald
I think my pool is where bees go to die. I’ve saved several this week, including one today!

I re-did my return plumbing today, ran Junior the poolbot this morning then added salt and made my daughter help me to finally backfill from the pile of dirt in my yard. She complained the entire time. LOL

New home with AGP pool. After the ice melted off the cover i was able see that has a fairly large tear in the center. Cleaned out as many leaves as i could to keep them from falling in. Tomorrow will be looking to get a couple of 2' x 2' pavers to set the filer and pump on and looking into hard plumbing the lines.

Opening her up! Get my ph under control. Man it was waaaaaay over 8.0. Took for doses to get in range. Added cya to get me up to 50 cause I was at like 20. Added chlorine. Water is clear. Didn’t touch ta or ch yet cause I want everything to mix real well. Brushed. Ran the robot for 6 hrs. Got the pool house a bit organized. Went to acid and liquid chlorine.

How’s that? Enough?

Oh and put the soft top on the Jeep. Got to get it all done. Ice will be off end of the week. I got to get on the boat and start the fishing season!!!

Backwashed a ton of pollen and dirt out of my filter, ran Junior. Had errands and such to deal with today so I’m hoping to finish bonding and getting stairs in tomorrow!

Reactions: BTJR

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support