Adamphotoman

Aug 18, 2018
Dieppe New Brunswick
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I took a photo. We had snow over Easter but today the rain is melting it away. The lighter area in the picture shows where the ice is frozen to the mesh cover. I don't want to rip the liner so I won't lower the pool. In case the ice is frozen to the liner somewhere._DSC5510 1.jpg

BTJR

Mar 11, 2021
Two of Washington NJ
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First time pool owner. Pulled the cover (ripped in the center) off today, vacuumed large debris and leaves, connected the pump and filter and topped off the water. Ran the pump and filter for about an hour. Did my very first water test with the help of my wife. Numbers were not too bad. Covered it back up for now until I get the chems I need.

Hyperslw

Apr 7, 2021
San Antonio TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Opened my pool for its second season. I continue to have hoses leaking at the clamp site. I just cannot figure out why. Upgraded them after my Cornelius was installed along with pump upgrade. Had a pool guy set it all up and the hoses just drip. Its maddening!!!!

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Opened my pool for its second season. I continue to have hoses leaking at the clamp site. I just cannot figure out why. Upgraded them after my Cornelius was installed along with pump upgrade. Had a pool guy set it all up and the hoses just drip. Its maddening!!!!
Try using 2 hose clamps - 1 just below the other

Adamphotoman

Aug 18, 2018
Dieppe New Brunswick
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Rain, warm temperatures, and now sun has melted all the floating ice. I tied up a sump pump to lower my water which was close to overflowing. I removed the excess water from the top in the shallow end. Canadian Tire has a lot of liquid chlorine bottles all lined up. I will buy some today and then get some in the pool. The same sump pump will mix the water up. I will lower in deep end and let the hose snake around.

Last edited:

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I got in! It was cold (80 degrees) but we have some storms coming through tonight and tomorrow, which is just going to make it colder, so this was really my only chance until next weekend to get in and do some brushing.

I survived!

62A1F057-3C2B-4E8C-A90B-10CD7E7BCEF7.jpeg