What did you do to your pool today?

I had such a different image of Matt, and now it's shattered.

DV, I can afford the 1K in Bacon, but I'm not sure I could coook that much in a weekend.

Don't worry Woody, I got it Friday, and Saturday night. It's just getting normal now. Pool makes it to 85, and right back down to 79-80 by the weekend.

Replaster completed and the refill has begun. Guy in charge of the crew said I didn't have to wait to swim but to keep the dogs out for two weeks while it cures. Pics will be posted on my remodel thread in a few minutes. Woohoo!

Up your game PB! :mrgreen:

Congrats, KC! Looks like they did a great job! :thumleft:

It was supposed to be sunny and 92 today. So, that means we had thunderstorms this morning. LOL!!! But, they moved along and the water temp only dropped to 85. The sun is back and solar is on. It'll be swimmy swim time in no time!

Brushing and water testing...kinda boring but workers are here doing other things and its a mess out back...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Fixed skimmer door that had gotten stuck from all the pool activity yesterday. PB came over and vacuumed the pool since it was full of DE from stuck skimmer door. PB says all is fine and pool is already clear again. Wait for the girls to take a nap so we can swim after the nap :)

Brushed water line and swept the pool. Then laid out on a float. :mrgreen:

Tested. pH/TA was high. Added acid.

Aaaaaaand.....CYA was freakishly low, somewhere below 70ppm :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: I'm burning CYA at greater than 5ppm/month....

And before you say "leak", it's not a leak. My CH continues to rise and all other chemical levels (salt) are stable. I think the heat and high UV levels are actually burning it up at a noticeable rate. That, and general measurement uncertainty seems to explain it to my satisfaction.

Plus, I can now make my pool water "primo" because I'm adding -

dd0473709e94a51e75257313d3710836.jpg

I have never used this brand before so wish me luck....

Tested. pH/TA was high. Added acid.

Aaaaaaand.....CYA was freakishly low, somewhere below 70ppm :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: I'm burning CYA at greater than 5ppm/month....

And before you say "leak", it's not a leak. My CH continues to rise and all other chemical levels (salt) are stable. I think the heat and high UV levels are actually burning it up at a noticeable rate. That, and general measurement uncertainty seems to explain it to my satisfaction.

Plus, I can now make my pool water "primo" because I'm adding -

dd0473709e94a51e75257313d3710836.jpg

I have never used this brand before so wish me luck....

I wonder if Amazon Tree Frog is the inert ingredient!

I wonder if Amazon Tree Frog is the inert ingredient!

Indeed!! I did notice that this stuff was very granular, like Panko breadcrumbs kind of grainy. There were also random dark specs in it....tree frog poop, maybe??

Oh well, I added my 22oz and will hopefully detect a rise in CYA level.

Got tired of a cold pool and waiting for (me to get on) the various yard projects, so hooked in a couple of solar coils on a folding table. Two days of sun and we've finally hit 83 degrees!

Now on to replacing the fence that Typhoon-Unnamed Monday tore down...My little girl Minion saw the bright side: "At least now we can get our hula-hoop back!"

0fbda87007c355f9839258c1b7ea169f.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support