What did you do to your pool today?

Brushed and tested for chems I added last night. Pool looks great and after a few chores it will be swim time :)

I need to retest my CYA after a good cannonball!

Water was 92 and a bit hot. Turned on the cool mode on the heat pump and it is already down to 90 and feeling much better. Nice! The water coming out of the jets is pretty chilly!

Got to see 84 degree water today again![emoji1] Our weather highs haven't been over 80, most days (like today) we're lucky to hit 74. Had a mild panic attack when I noticed an inch of water missing since yesterday--thinking there was another leak somewhere. Traced my steps back to my most recent change (solars) and found there was a leak! So grateful it isn't in the liner this time. Simple fix, but placed a bucket in the pool just to be sure that's the only one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just finished brushing and most important my pool numbers for chemicals are spot on! The family will be in the pool this evening for sure since the rains are gone...

After initial SLAM when opening this season I haven't need to do a thing other than add a gallon of chlorine each night and vacuum once per week. I was testing everyday for a month, but the results were so consistent and boring, that I now test only once per week. I'll go for a swim as soon as I get out of work.

My spa on the other hand needs constant attention. The pH rises, so I have to add acid daily. After a few days the TA drops too much and I add baking soda. I'm keeping a new log that will help me figure out a pattern, but it has been fairly easy. It is exciting compared to the pool. I ordered a new cover earlier today. Can't wait till that gets here as the 6 year old cover is water logged.

Pool party for 2nd night in a row with kids and grandkids . Had a large group over for the 4th to swim and watch fireworks (golf course across the street shoots off a professional show). Swimming every day. The pool is getting a lot of use this summer.

Thank you for the compliments. I did all of my railing, fencing and decking myself.The lower deck where I was standing is about 500 sq. ft. A lot of work but worth it in the end. Of course it's never finished. This Fall is re-shingling my detached garage which I finished and turned into my pool house/gym. Spring will be replacing the pool liner.

The lights are low voltage LED. I bought 3 packs of 10 on Amazon. There are 25 lights along the fence.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ID8NR0U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The "rugs" are actually PVC walk pads for Duro-Last roofing system. I do custom residential and commercial sheet metal roofing along with the single-ply Duro-Last heat welded PVC system (mostly new 7-11 stores). I wish I could tell you where you can buy some of those walk pads but Duro-Last materials are only available to authorized contractors and shipped directly from one of their plants.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support