What did you do to your pool today?

Wow, 10 degrees overnight is a lot! No wonder ch is in the thousands!

I spent 1400ish on 5 solar panels and install kit at solar direct, another 250ish for the solartouch and maybe a couple hundred in plumbing. Well under 2k. I can probably only eat 1k of bacon in a weekend.

Hearing you say 6-8k is discouraging Matt, and all the more reason I'm bringing Danny out here to do my Solar. I can buy a lot of Bacon, Beer, and Blue Chair for less than 6 Grand.

Wow, 10 degrees overnight is a lot! No wonder ch is in the thousands!

I spent 1400ish on 5 solar panels and install kit at solar direct, another 250ish for the solartouch and maybe a couple hundred in plumbing. Well under 2k. I can probably only eat 1k of bacon in a weekend.

Yeah, it's way cheaper to DIY.

The 10 degree differential is happening because, oddly enough, the night time temps have been dropping into the mid-70's. So there's been a 30+ F differential between night and day. Crazy :crazy:

Today, I am digging a trench to bury electrical to the pool.
We have been running off of an extension cord for the past couple of years. I decided to make the pool a PERMANENT part of our lives... so the OLD MAN (me) is digging a 70 foot long trench, and burying a 12/3 (120v) wire to provide electrical to the pool pad. It will be hooked into a Arc Fault/Ground Fault 20A circuit breaker in the house. (that way should ANYTHING happen down the line... the WHOLE circuit will be killed).

Any advice from those that have done this before will be welcome! :)

More bling
dbtgallery.php

Ph was 7.8 but the boss turned on the pH increaser, she calls it a waterfall :). So I lowered pH to 7.5 for now.
FC 8.5 and headed up to 12.5 thanks to a fresh jug of bleach! CYA 80.

My little buddy helping the pool boy! That cloudy water is about 5' deep. :)
dbtgallery.php

Today, I am digging a trench to bury electrical to the pool.
We have been running off of an extension cord for the past couple of years. I decided to make the pool a PERMANENT part of our lives... so the OLD MAN (me) is digging a 70 foot long trench, and burying a 12/3 (120v) wire to provide electrical to the pool pad. It will be hooked into a Arc Fault/Ground Fault 20A circuit breaker in the house. (that way should ANYTHING happen down the line... the WHOLE circuit will be killed).

Any advice from those that have done this before will be welcome! :)

Make sure to have some of this :cheers: waiting for you when you get done! :slidehalo:

I KNEW I did something wrong!... I have been dealing with :cheers: the whole time of digging this trench! ... Am I in trouble ... even if it runs to my neighbour's house, then back to me? LOL
Actually, the trench is JUST ABOUT done at this point!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Came up with a high-tech solution to block off the overflow grate so we can conserve every last bit of free water that may dump from the sky. Pink duct tape was the only color available because my husband and boys somehow walk off with the normal silver tape. Pink always seems to stay put.
cfc1bd3c372e41e56274658a8c7961e5.jpg

I love duct tape. Hubby sez its because I'm originally from Canukistan that I have this unnatural tendency to believe duct tape will improve any situation.

So to me, that is one beautiful solution ;)

Duct tape and bungee cords are two of life's indispensable tools....I mean, if you ever needed undergarments ....
f83cbd9844b7a2900ca5a4c642843980.jpeg

I love duct tape. Hubby sez its because I'm originally from Canukistan that I have this unnatural tendency to believe duct tape will improve any situation.

So to me, that is one beautiful solution ;)

Thank you Swampwoman! I have 4 boys, my whole home, and life in general, is held together by duct tape, I'm glad you appreciate the beauty.

Pink duct tape! That's brilliant! I keep a small (over-priced) roll inside a sock in my toolbox for when the big roll goes walkabouts. Gotta get pink! No one will 'borrow' that. Love it :)

Thanks! I have all sorts of survival tips, EX: an empty 14oz bag of frozen broccoli florets and a clothespin is the perfect hiding spot for a pint of your favorite ice cream. But that's not pool related, so I digress.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support