Well Pump to fill pool

Hard to imagine there would be any standard or limitations on the pump size for filling the pool. If water comes out the garden hose, you should be good to go. I think well pumps are typically rated for continuous duty as long as water is flowing. However, depending on the type of well material and the depth, I can see how you might need to shut it off to recharge.

Reactions: marley972
Hard to imagine there would be any standard or limitations on the pump size for filling the pool. If water comes out the garden hose, you should be good to go. I think well pumps are typically rated for continuous duty as long as water is flowing. However, depending on the type of well material and the depth, I can see how you might need to shut it off to recharge.
I was told pretty much the same thing by another person. Thanks for the reply!

Just a bit off the subject, but filling from a well often introduces iron into your pool which can plague you for a long time. Did you test for iron?

Secondly, that pump is capable of pulling A LOT of water from your well. Do you know how many GPM your well can produce? You will not be happy with the resultant mud if you pull faster than the well can supply.

I filled ours from our well (artisan) and I followed the four hour fill, two hours off method. Took about three and a half days to fill and that was fine. Our pump is older and I didn't want to chance having issues as I just had to have about 5k worth of work done on the system that did *not* include replacing the pump.

Filling from a well has little to do with pump capacity. It is FAR more important to test the iron content of your well water and to determine what GPM your well will yield.

In NC, my 275' well produced 2 gpm and a garden hose left on for more than 4 hours would run it dry. Here in FL, my 60' deep well produces 80 gpm.....you literally cannot exceed it's capacity.

Reactions: jonahex2099
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.