We have a hole in the ground! New O/B in Queen Creek, AZ

Haha, I’ve got nothing to do but watch water go in the pool tomorrow, so we’ll see about the timing of filling the spa. It’ll be exciting to see one body of water completely full, but I can’t imagine it will matter much either way. Is there any benefit to filling the spa first? I do worry about accidentally spilling over into the pool and screwing up the plaster on the dam wall.

Reactions: galowbraw
Haha, I’ve got nothing to do but watch water go in the pool tomorrow, so we’ll see about the timing of filling the spa. It’ll be exciting to see one body of water completely full, but I can’t imagine it will matter much either way. Is there any benefit to filling the spa first? I do worry about accidentally spilling over into the pool and screwing up the plaster on the dam wall.

The spa has a lot of corners, turns and angles. Filling it sooner will help reduce shrinkage cracks.

So here’s a question. Once I get the pool full, I’ll be starting up the pump and filtering the water 24/7 for a while, but what is the goal as far as how often I should be turning over the water in the pool? Do I want this thing running full speed or should I be aiming to turn the water over every 8 hours or so?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Some pics because why not?

GPJaM8I.jpg

nuwnELp.jpg

Yeah, so far I am digging the color. The 15 lbs of abalone in there is popping, but doesn't show up in the pics. The fill is agonizingly slow! They forgot to install one return fitting, so they need to come out and put that in when they collect final payment. No biggie.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.