We have a hole in the ground! New O/B in Queen Creek, AZ

Copperhed51

Dec 29, 2017
Queen Creek, AZ
Haha, I’ve got nothing to do but watch water go in the pool tomorrow, so we’ll see about the timing of filling the spa. It’ll be exciting to see one body of water completely full, but I can’t imagine it will matter much either way. Is there any benefit to filling the spa first? I do worry about accidentally spilling over into the pool and screwing up the plaster on the dam wall.

Reactions: galowbraw

bdavis466

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
San Clemente, CA
Haha, I’ve got nothing to do but watch water go in the pool tomorrow, so we’ll see about the timing of filling the spa. It’ll be exciting to see one body of water completely full, but I can’t imagine it will matter much either way. Is there any benefit to filling the spa first? I do worry about accidentally spilling over into the pool and screwing up the plaster on the dam wall.
The spa has a lot of corners, turns and angles. Filling it sooner will help reduce shrinkage cracks.

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
You know it’s customary here in the valley for you guys to do the “polar plunge” on any new builds! (Of course after the plaster cures in a month) :cheers:

Copperhed51

Dec 29, 2017
Queen Creek, AZ
So here’s a question. Once I get the pool full, I’ll be starting up the pump and filtering the water 24/7 for a while, but what is the goal as far as how often I should be turning over the water in the pool? Do I want this thing running full speed or should I be aiming to turn the water over every 8 hours or so?

Copperhed51

Dec 29, 2017
Queen Creek, AZ
Yeah, so far I am digging the color. The 15 lbs of abalone in there is popping, but doesn't show up in the pics. The fill is agonizingly slow! They forgot to install one return fitting, so they need to come out and put that in when they collect final payment. No biggie.

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
Copper, going by your equipment list, If it were me, I’d run that pump at 1700rpm. That will keep things moving in the pool, and be good to keep your flow switch open on your SWG.