Waterline tile added to fiberglass pool

I would think they would at least run a bead of the grout (guessing they used silicone from the picture) along the bottom just to clean it up...that is what we plan to do with ours. My wife works in tile and stone, I will ask her...or you can also call the company that sold you the waterline tile, they will have a tech support line and can tell you if this is acceptable or not.

I would certainly ask them to grout the bottom.

I would think they would at least run a bead of the grout (guessing they used silicone from the picture) along the bottom just to clean it up...that is what we plan to do with ours. My wife works in tile and stone, I will ask her...or you can also call the company that sold you the waterline tile, they will have a tech support line and can tell you if this is acceptable or not.

I would certainly ask them to grout the bottom.

We bought the tile from our pool builder, but I know I won't get a straight answer from him. The tile is from National Pool Tile.

I was also thinking it should have a bead of grout there and yes, it is silicone grout.

NPT should have a tech line that you can call...at a minimum, you could tell the PB it looks unfinished because you can see the backing mesh. I didn't see a tech support line on the website (there is usually one in the box that the tile comes in, but I am guessing you don't have that). They (NPT) do have a online chat that you could use just to get some info to help your cause. NPTpool Contact Us, NPTPool Toll Free Number | NPTpool.com.

I hope this helps

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.