UV for indoor Pool

Welcome to TFP!

Where do you maintain your chlorine level? We normally recommend 4ppm free chlorine with 20ppm CYA as a buffer for best results, but dogs being dogs, you will have them drinking the water. So that may not be the best idea, though we probably can't give you good advice on the dog health issues.

To answer your question, yes, a UV system may benefit you and help control CC. Many residential UV systems are marketed with overstated claims, so it's well worth some research to be sure you get a system that has enough power to be worth the effort and expense to install it.

Welcome to TFP!

Where do you maintain your chlorine level? We normally recommend 4ppm free chlorine with 20ppm CYA as a buffer for best results, but dogs being dogs, you will have them drinking the water. So that may not be the best idea, though we probably can't give you good advice on the dog health issues.

To answer your question, yes, a UV system may benefit you and help control CC. Many residential UV systems are marketed with overstated claims, so it's well worth some research to be sure you get a system that has enough power to be worth the effort and expense to install it.
About right at 4 ppm I follow the trouble free system as \closely as possible. Water is always crystal clear even with 100-500n dogs a day in it and everything is typically great with the exception of the CCs.. they can creep up to 1.5 even sometimes, typically 0.5-1ppm, and I can never eliminate them. I test 3-4 times per week so I stay within my target ranges.

My target #s are

FC-4
ph-7.6-aided by intellichlor system (very little deviation if any from 7.60). with muriatic acid
TA- 70-90... dogs pull out a 200-500 gallons a day so this is my hardest to keep oin range as my top of water seems to bring it up considerably but acid helps bring it back down..
CH-400 (have to add calcium chloride frequently to maintain with all of the top of water)
CYA-20-30. Add wekly or bi weekly to account for top off
Salt-add every few days to keep near 4000 as per IC 40 guidelines
Borates-50 at around 30 I'll readd to get back to 50 as the boric acid is continually pulled out like everything else.
Winter temp keep at 84 degrees...

Hope that gives all of the info you need.

Thanks for your help!!

Salt-add every few days to keep near 4000 as per IC 40 guidelines
Mine works great at 2800 to 3000. It wouldn't help for long to target a lower # because then you'd be adding the same as now for the new #, but shooting for a low 3k is fine too. (Say 3300) It will be a bit less salty tasting if any humans go in with the dogs.

Reactions: c_foster3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.