Upgrading to VS pump from Single Speed

Aug 7, 2015
Plano, TX
Moved from here. Marty - TFP Mod

Been a while since I've been here and boy things look different! Came on here to look for info about upgrading from single speed pump to VS or VHP (not sure I know the difference). I have an all-Jandy system now with the RS-8 controller and iAqualink. Would I have to get a Jandy VS to work with my stuff or would a Pentair work also? I don't know if it's possible but ideal scenario is that I don't have to do any plumbing for the inlet/outlet to line up to the new pump. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
i have jandy I aqualink and 3 pentair VS pumps. They work fine. Its the only system Ive had so I dont know what if anything is missing ... The ONLY issue I have with the VS setup is that the freeze protect VS speeds set in Iaqualink are ignored by the pumps and when the temp goes down I manually go in and set max rpms lower to save $ then raise back after warms up ...

I’m very sure Hayward VS pumps work with the RS8 also. I empathize that last time I changed pumps I chose one (almost exclusively) that the schematics lined up perfectly with the old Sta-Rite pump I swapped out so I didn’t need to move PVC. INYOPOOLS.COM has excellent schematics on their pumps that I use. I wouldn’t recommend that as I did, as now I’m very comfortable amending pipe location and the pump itself should be what you want first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.