Trying to SLAM - bleach not responding as thought

I didn't gt a reply to one question on here - maybe I'll start a new thread in regards to the staining issue.

Does the sequestrant help to fight the staining - or does it mainly prevent a re-occurrence once the stain treatment has worked it's magic?

Sequestrant does not remove staining. It ties up the targeted metal in the water. You must continually replenish the sequestrant.

so - my pool has been great thanks to you guys! However, I'm still getting a recurrence of a light yellow staining to the liner. Ascorbic acid does the trick - I don't even need to use a lot of it. I've tried the Pink Stuff to maintain it - but doesn't seem to work very well. Could this issue be in the liner itself? I think it's around 10 years old and starting to wrinkle at the bottom a bit.

so - my pool has been great thanks to you guys! However, I'm still getting a recurrence of a light yellow staining to the liner. Ascorbic acid does the trick - I don't even need to use a lot of it. I've tried the Pink Stuff to maintain it - but doesn't seem to work very well. Could this issue be in the liner itself? I think it's around 10 years old and starting to wrinkle at the bottom a bit.
If stain comes off with vitamin C, likely iron. Two options: keep the iron constantly dissolved in the water by use of a sequestrant solution (Jack's magic) or replace the water in the pool with water without iron

Reactions: jamie973
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.