time sensitive - please help! DE FILTER CARTRIDGE QUESTION

rred

Jun 30, 2019
NJ
Hello pool warriors,

I am planning a massive 4th of July party in my yard this week and ran into some serious trouble. 2 of the mesh liners of my DE filter cartridges (72 sq ft - 36 inchers) have 2-3 inch tears along the seams. I know that I need to buy a grid to replace these and can get on Amazon for a good price - problem is they won't come in until July 5th and my pool is clouding up quite quickly without the filter on.

Is there a way that I could repair these filters with glue or by sewing them? Should I remove them from the manifold and just replace when they are delivered or will the opening create a flow of DE back into my pool? Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks for the welcome MK! I checked out the discussions and they were helpful - especially to a pool newbie like me.

I can run on recirculate but the only issue is I opened the pool last week and still have to work thru a fair amount of algae. My wife is sewing the cartridge mesh as we speak as a last ditch effort.

Is it possible for me to just leave the two cartridges (that are torn) off the manifold? Like remove them completely and then leave the ones connected that work?

Best to use recirculate until you get the algae dead via the SLAM Process. Then filter out the dead algae.

You can try leaving them out -- I would think that would leave a hole in the standpipe. But I am not an expert with DE filters.

MK - SLAM process video was very good - wish I watched it earlier this year! Yes there would be a hole in the standpipe so its not an option.

James - I can't seem to find a place that has them in stock on hand. I live in northern NJ (very dense population) and imagine someone would have them in stock but can't seem to find anyone. Leslie's seems to be the only big chain around...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.