Thin Colorless Film around walls and bottom of pool

Kuga

Nov 6, 2019
Washington
Hello,

I currently have a thin layer of some type of white/colorless film around the walls and bottom of my pool. When I go to wipe it, you can clearly see where I was able to remove some of it. It feels a bit slimy or slippery at first but then goes away quickly when wiped with my hand. Brushing and even with using gloves doesn't seem to remove it, comes off easiest with my hands.

Im currently in day 3 of the SLAM process. Passed the OCLT with a .5 last night, and water is clearer than its ever been, but the film is still there on the walls and bottom of the pool.

Test results were as follows:
FC: 10
CH: 350
ALK: 70
CYA: 20, added 10PPM worth of granular through skimmer 3 before I started slam 3 days ago.

Any ideas what this might be or what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

I wonder if its the CYA you tossed in the skimmer?? It can feel a bit greasy at times when dissolving, but I've really never heard of this condition with it before to be honest. Brand?
I'd stay at SLAM level and brush, brush, brush to get whatever you're feeling into circulation.
Do another CYA test.
What's your pH??

Maddie :flower:

The flim on the walls was already there before I added the CYA so I doubt that was it. It was a chlorox brand I bought at Walmart.

I was thinking I just didnt give it enough time but wasnt sure, and hoped someone else might have experienced the same thing.

PH was 7.4 before the SLAM. Haven't tested it since.

Did you by chance use Clorox brand bleach too?? Or any that advertises "Cloramax Technology"?? We always say to get *plain* bleach. Non-scented, non-thickened, no additive stuff.

Go get some 10% Pool Essentials liquid chlorine from Walmart and use that and continue to brush and SLAM. It should eventually go away.

Maddie :flower:

Did you brush it off? If not, do so, If you did and it has come back, brush it again.

Brushing the pool is the most neglected thing when people attempt to SLAM. If you are having trouble brushing it off, get a stiffer brush.

Did you brush it off? If not, do so, If you did and it has come back, brush it again.

Brushing the pool is the most neglected thing when people attempt to SLAM. If you are having trouble brushing it off, get a stiffer brush.
I've been brushing every day but it doesnt seem to come off when brushing no matter how hard I do it, only when I wipe it off with my hand, its really odd.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.