Hi, sorry didn't get back sooner. I actually brush at least three times a day but it seems to collect in the same spots. It is not like the algae I started with as this is a lot darker and doesn't seem to "poof" away. It just disappears with no "poof" cloud.

I started off at 7:00 AM with 20ppm and at 3:00PM when I got home I was at 13.5ppm so I added LC to move it back to 20ppm. Ill check again in a few hours. This morning I did not brush I did vacuum but it was back by the afternoon so I brushed again. I am running the filter 24x7.

Do I need to make any changes?

The OCLT was perfect but I was still seeing a little algae but could be dirt. I kept it going for a few more days. If I had to guess about the size it would be a quarter (25 cent piece) total for pool. I think that is fine.

Now need to balance out
Fc 9
Cc <.5
Ch 125
Ta 80
Cya 30 (lots of rain I guess dropped it more)
Ph 7.2

I’m guessing ta and ch need to be improved. Not sure how. Thoughts?

Add a bit if CYA if you like. CH is no concern with a vinyl liner pool. TA will manage itself, keep pH in the 7's.

Good job.

Hi all, as I drop my fc down to normal levels I am noticing an increase in algae. It’s not huge but definitely more. They are in streaks always at the same spot. The oclt didn’t show any change overnight a few days ago. I brush daily.

Any thoughts? Is it possibly my sand? It’s been 3-4 years since I have changed it. I also have an in-line nature 2 nature filter that I never mentioned but can’t see how that would affect it. That is replaced yearly ( probably a waste knowing pool store recommended it)

I am planning to start slamming it again tonight.

EDIT: If you are going into a SLAM, ignore below until you are finished. Higher CYA level for a SLAM means you need more chlorine during it. Add CYA after SLAM completed.

Did you add more CYA as mknauss mentioned above? If not, your chlorine isn't being protected enough from the sun and is burning off too quickly. It needs the CYA to do it's job of keeping the pool clear of algae and contaminants. Just add slowly you don't want to end up with too much!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No I did not add CYA yet. If the sun burns off the chlorine fast, then wouldn't that reflect much lower FC levels? The lowest mine dropped down to was 6ppm. I would understand if it consistently measured lower each night but it hasn't.

Ill post numbers again tonight for FC and CYA. Also, what is a good way to raise CYA?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.