I sometimes hate putting in my opinion for the way that it can be taken but here goes. Your pool is very similar in shape and size to mine. Really think about the bubblers on the wet deck. I have one bubbler on the wet deck and it can be quite noisy when trying to have a conversation. If I’m reading your plans correct it looks like you have two glo-brights on the wet deck. You could use the bubblers with the built in lights and eliminate the glo-brights. If you are going to be swimming the length of the pool at night, consider changing the location of the LED lights as you will be swimming directly into them. If this isn’t something you will be doing, they are going to be awesome. Finally, put umbrella sleeves everywhere! Track the sun throughout the day and identify the areas you will want shade and place the sleeves in those areas. Good luck on the build. Look forward to watching it.
Thank you for your input. I didn’t think of just incorporating the lights into the bubblers. I originally didn’t want to do it because I was going to put in 4 bubblers and only two lights. The bubblers with lights built in are quite a bit more money. I will look into other options.

Howdy neighbor! Looking good...

They too can be noisy, I hear. And remember all water features like that causes pH rise as the droplets fall and cause the gas exchange in the water. A lot of folks only run these items for short periods at a time such as during parties or while swimming. One does need to run them for a few minutes daily to keep the water held within refreshed with chlorine.
Maddie :flower:
I love my waterfall. I put a valve on mine so I can change the flow.. from a feng shui trickle to a Niagara blast depending on my mood and the situation. The kids love the blast when they are doing canon balls off the WF. Yes it can change the pH.. and I use it as a tool to do just that. The best is early in the morning when the sun first hits my chair in the corner of the pool area with a warm cup of coffee and the soft curdle of the waterfall drowns out the other neighborhood noises. It's quiet serene.

Howdy neighbor! Looking good...

I love my waterfall. I put a valve on mine so I can change the flow.. from a feng shui trickle to a Niagara blast depending on my mood and the situation. The kids love the blast when they are doing canon balls off the WF. Yes it can change the pH.. and I use it as a tool to do just that. The best is early in the morning when the sun first hits my chair in the corner of the pool area with a warm cup of coffee and the soft curdle of the waterfall drowns out the other neighborhood noises. It's quiet serene.
For the features, we decided to go with 4 Pentair Bubblers/lights options on the Cabo shelf and 5 Crystal Fountain Deck Jets. We deleted the waterfalls and kept to a simpler design. All the bubblers and deck jets will have a dedicated line running back to the pool pad for finite control. I’m adding automation control to everything fro ultimate control and to ensure water in all the lines are moving every day. Plumbing and steel are getting put in now. Will update pictures soon. It rained over the weekend a lot, had the pump out all the water in the plumbing runs. What a mess

Last edited:
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kim is correct, you need more dobie blocks to raise the rebar off the ground. The rebar should not be closer that 3" to any dirt.

I believe you need (3) #3 rebars in the bond beam, looks like you only have 2

Last edited:
We gotta get the construction guys to chime in... @bdavis466

With all the rain we had in the Sac area, I'm surprised at how well you fared.. or are these pics pre-rainstorm?
Those pictures are post rain. The first 4‘ is clay and the remainder is beach sand. It drained as much as came down. I was surprised too about the turnout.
There needs to be a LOT more "steel lifters". I see some but NONE on the shelf or the "wall" heading down from the shelf to the floor. This allows the gunite to get behind and all around the steel.
I agree
Kim is correct, you need more dobie blocks to raise the rebar off the ground. The rebar should not be closer that 3" to any dirt.

I believe you need (3) #3 rebars in the bond beam, looks like you only have 2
i agree. I noticed the lack of dobie blocks and there are more not put in yet. I’m assuming or going to ask him to put those in pre Gunite. Question about the starts leading into pool, should there be rebar formed in the steps?

Those pictures are post rain. The first 4‘ is clay and the remainder is beach sand. It drained as much as came down. I was surprised too about the turnout.

I agree

i agree. I noticed the lack of dobie blocks and there are more not put in yet. I’m assuming or going to ask him to put those in pre Gunite. Question about the starts leading into pool, should there be rebar formed in the steps?
No, the stairs are not structural

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.