Thank god, it is super dry here now and I had a tractor regrade the back yard to go with the layout of the pool. When clay is super dry in forms this super light dust that gets on everything. I can wait to be done with this and start rebuilding my backyard. At least I will have a pool to jump in to cool off.

any comments on the pool pad? It still needs some paint on the pipes, but I think it turned out good for my first time doing something like that. I only had a 3x7 pad to work with because of the space and the way the plumber payed out the pipes made it difficult to run everything.

will post some more pictures this weekend when I get back home. The concrete/ flatwork should be done.

The pad layout looks good to me! I love the unions on everything as well as the spot for you to stand while working on the filter! Nice clean looking pad of equipment! What will you be putting down on the dirt around it?

Kim:kim:

WiFi help, I have a new Intellicenter 8p and it came with the POE WiFi Antenna. I consider myself good with electronics and WiFi, and I can for the life of me figure out how to hook up this thing. I hooked it all up and there is power going to the antenna. When I search for my WiFi, I can't find it, but I can find my neighbor's wifi at a very low bar. I have brought three different wireless devices out there and I get anywhere from 3-5 bars on each of them at exactly the same point. Is there something I'm missing? I really don't want to hardwire this thing to my network...

Last edited:
Well, its been a while since I updated the progress. As you can see in the pictures the deck is done. THe plaster was scheduled for today and was done this afternoon. I am currently waiting the recommended 6 hours for curing before I add the water.
IMG_1312.jpgIMG_1313.jpgIMG_1314.jpg61473184137__900C5654-C3EC-40FD-821E-5AD838668A97.jpg

Decking was been done now and so need to get back to work and finish things up. I added the pool tile next
IMG_1382.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So the pool fill is a little over 1/2 way. The water looks super clean right now and I can't wait to start the pump and start enjoying this thing. I am using the Bi-Carb start-up method and so far so good. I worried about keeping the chlorine level high enough with the start-up. I have powdered DiChlor to add until I can hook up my SWG. Can I use bleach to keep it up or any other recommendations?

Its lookin a little cloudy in there... did you get behind on the SWG in the heat wave!.. your pooch is really into prowling perimeter it looks like! Once the grass is in you will really like it!
Yes it was cloudy for about a week and a half. Not sure why it was, I did a sodium bicarb set up and it was completely clear until I turned on the pump. It is crystal clear now

I haven't installed the SWG, I need to wait the 30 days from the initial start up.

What do you find the must used feature is in the pool?
I use the numbers the most but while the plaster is curing the PH is already rising fast, even faster with the bubblers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.