Thanksgiving Vacation

FC - 4 (before adding a little chlorine)
CC - .5
TA - 90
CH - 275
CYA - 40
pH - 7.7

I will test again tonight. I was wondering if all I needed to do was bring it to shock level? We do have the puck holder on the equipment, but have never used it. I know you put a few in there but not sure how many or what to set the dial to.

Now looking at putting a tarp over the pool (do not have a pool cover) because of all the leaves that fell last night already. Skimmer was FULL!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Numbers look pretty good. If temps are forecasted low while gone I'd bring to shock level and have a nice vacation. With your CYA level you could afford to float 1 puck for piece of mind but I doubt you'll need to. What say others?

For FC consideration only, I'd probably go up to shock and walk away. Whether or not I'd float a puck or two would depend on the stability of my pH. If pH rising fast beyond where I want it, I'd add some pucks to keep that in check.

Are you planning on shutting the pump down or letting them run? If you're going to let the pump run, covering might be a good idea if you think the skimmers will clog with leaves while you're gone. Covering will also reduce daily FC loss.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.