Prosper, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Next month the family and I are heading to Yellowstone for a week. It usually takes 2 days for my pH to go from 7.5 to 8.2. I am definitely testing chlorine, pH, and adding MA every 2 days (you can see this in my logs).

I found a thread here that explains a solution involving turning off the SWG and tossing some trichlor pucks in a floater (which I can do):

Is this a recommended solution? Worst case I do have a neighbor I can rely on to add MA to the pool if needed, but they're inexperienced with that and I don't want to expose them to harsh chemicals if I can avoid it...

What precautions should I take?

Don't worry about it. High pH for a few days will do no damage.

When you get home you will lower it back down.

Reactions: voidpointer
Just to be clear it would be 8.2+ for at least 5 days... if that counts as "a few". I've never let it go that long. But if that's the understanding you have then I will trust :)

Reactions: newdude
Just to be clear it would be 8.2+ for at least 5 days... if that counts as "a few". I've never let it go that long. But if that's the understanding you have then I will trust :)
5 days will be fine. Even a month will be fine.

The rise slows down around 8. It may hang at 8 for a couple days, then 8.2 for even longer.

And like Allen said, it's a long term concern if not. Enjoy your trip.
Usually by 3 days, the purple color of the mixture is a little darker than the 8.2 on the comparator. So I assume that the 8-8.2 for a couple of days isn't true in my case, if the test kit is any indication.

🤷‍♂️

Reactions: newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support