TFPC Recommended Values Give High SI?

Ibanezsvo

May 15, 2019
Texas
I have a plaster pool with SWG. When I input that data into the TFPC recommended chemical levels page, it gives me the ideal values listed below. However, when I looks up those values on the Taylor Watergram SI wheel that came with my test kit, it shows a result of SI = 0.9 which seems pretty bad. I'm confused?
PH 7.6-7.8
Alk 60-80
CH 350-550
note my water temp is 90f

Post a full set of current test results from one of the recommended test kits.
Test Kits Compared

Use PoolMath to enter the results. Set PoolMath to "Track CSI".

How do you chlorine your pool?
Are you following the FC/CYA Levels

Pool Care Basics

The Taylor Watergram wheel uses LSI - an older index neant more for boilers than pools. TFP and PoolMath use the more appropriate CSI index. Once all parameters are entered in PoolMath, CSI is automatically calculated.

You’re not taking into account CYA. When using the Taylor Watergram Wheel, you have to calculate adjusted alkalinity.

For the given numbers above at 90F (that’s kind of hot water) I get a CSI range from -0.03 to +0.49 assuming you use 50ppm CYA and salt is set to 500ppm (which is probably a little low for a swimming pool).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.