TFP Expert Discussion - SaltWater Chlorine Generators

It's gonna be interesting to see how they "get along"... I'm envisioning mad scientist and Longmire hosting a show together. This could be very informative and even more entertaining!

Yeah. My 3rd grade teacher snottily told me I would never be carrying a calculator around all day.

Not only that, but I carry around the collective knowledge of the entire world on a 8 inch device. 🤬 You Mrs C.
Funny Elsa sent some nasty weather through Hilton head Wednesday night. Scariest part was around 3am when we had no power or internet. Had no idea what to expect next. Felt helpless
Just heard crazy winds outside!! Heard they recorded 80 mph down the road.

You should work at a pool store. Owner: “why did you order a case of borax we have a cleaning service come at night “

I have this perfect spot around the corner from me where I could build the very first Trouble Free Pools Pool Store … all sparkly white tiled with the blue logo …. But it would be a very boring place to work. One side of the store would be stocked with test kits and Taylor refills with a DIY test station so customers could test their own water. Results would log directly to their PoolMath App account. The other wall would be stocked with 2x packs of gallon jugs of liquid chlorine and granular CYA. There would be a reusable liquid chlorine bottle fill station in the back and muriatic acid fill station outside. Check out would be completely automated with AI technology setup by @JamesW such that you simply walk out with your goods and the store automatically charges your credit card. All I would do is sit on a folding chair in the corner constantly adjusting the thermostat to achieve a perfect indoor temperature of 74F and 50% relative humidity and mumble to myself.

I have this perfect spot around the corner from me where I could build the very first Trouble Free Pools Pool Store … all sparkly white tiled with the blue logo …. But it would be a very boring place to work. One side of the store would be stocked with test kits and Taylor refills with a DIY test station so customers could test their own water. Results would log directly to their PoolMath App account. The other wall would be stocked with 2x packs of gallon jugs of liquid chlorine and granular CYA. There would be a reusable liquid chlorine bottle fill station in the back and muriatic acid fill station outside. Check out would be completely automated with AI technology setup by @JamesW such that you simply walk out with your goods and the store automatically charges your credit card. All I would do is sit on a folding chair in the corner constantly adjusting the thermostat to achieve a perfect indoor temperature of 74F and 50% relative humidity and mumble to myself.
Imangine the look when you test their water and say you need this and that and maybe this. $12.50 please “ your machine is wrong left off a zero”

Last edited:
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
1625879995062.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Swingline staplers … the only ones I’ll ever use.
Kinda surprised they never took over the term and we all referred to all staplers as swinglines. Like most people call any circular saw a Skilsaw or any reciprocating saw a Sawzall.

Swingline staplers … the only ones I’ll ever use.
I still call them Parrot Speed Fasteners.

I went to an office supply place recently to purchase refills for my Parrot Speed Fastener and when I asked where I could find staples, they said that I was at staples.

I didn't see the staples, so I asked someone else who said the same thing.

Everyone I asked said that I was at staples wherever we were in the store but I didn't see any staples.

Eventually, I had to go somewhere else where the people were not completely insane.

Come join us this Saturday, July 10, 2021 at 10 AM PDT/1 PM EDT. Jimrahbe (Jim) and JoyfulNoise (Matt) will be joining us for a discussion about SaltWater Chlorine Generators. We will be using Zoom. Questions can be submitted via Chat during the Zoom call.

We will be recording the session and will link to it via TFP-TV for future viewing.

Martin Knauss is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: SWCG Expert Discussion
Time: Jul 10, 2021 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
Zoom Link

+1 346 248 7799 US
Meeting ID: 889 8369 8654
Passcode: 240491
Just giving out a free little bump 😉

Nicely done. Thanks for the helpful insight. It was an hour well spent to better understand the fundamentals of an SWCG. I always appreciate the balanced nature of the discussions on TFP.....I appreciate your taking the time for such a small audience, all three of you...
Looking forward to the next one.........

Last edited:
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Sorry I missed it but 3am is a bit tough. :sleep: The missus would put me in the dog house. Come to think of it though, our dog has some pretty cozy bedding. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.