TFP Expert Discussion - SaltWater Chlorine Generators

After my conversation to a TFP Liquid chlorine pool, I bought salt for what I thought I would need for the SWG system. A feller on here highly suggested I test for sodium, and add salt slowly over a few days and test daily prior to adding the next batch. My first test prior to adding was already at 1400 ppm or so. I added enough in steps to get to 3400ish. My SWG read at 3200 and still does a month and a half later. I haven't added any chlorine since the first of June. I have only added muriatic acid to keep pH below 8 and water once a week.

With the new robot on a daily schedule, its basically an automated system.

And I have many bags of salt leftover I didn't need.

After my conversation to a TFP Liquid chlorine pool, I bought salt for what I thought I would need for the SWG system. A feller on here highly suggested I test for sodium, and add salt slowly over a few days and test daily prior to adding the next batch. My first test prior to adding was already at 1400 ppm or so. I added enough in steps to get to 3400ish. My SWG read at 3200 and still does a month and a half later. I haven't added any chlorine since the first of June. I have only added muriatic acid to keep pH below 8 and water once a week.

With the new robot on a daily schedule, its basically an automated system.

And I have many bags of salt leftover I didn't need.
The only time I ever need to add salt is when we get our torrential rains and need to drain water from the pool. Unfortunately that happens a LOT down here.

@JoyfulNoise your TFP banner was great hanging over you. Well done.

I was told I need to pay royalties for my unapproved use of TFP swag … otherwise @Leebo might send his cousin Vinny “Two Thumbs” after me …

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.