TFP Expert Discussion - Pumps, Filters, Heaters

I like how Comcast has to make a video titled "Prepare Your Business for Service Outages".

Basically, we know that the service will drop out on a regular basis, so we want to warn you up front.

They actually say that you can get real time service updates online when your service goes out.

If the service is out, how is the customer going to get the update online?

View attachment 356053

I do enterprise level network support and that's a great point :) I have used them for a backup mainly because I know it takes telco forever to find the fiber cut then another humpteen hours to get a fiber truck out. Comcast guy can lay a cable across the ground and have us back up :)

Here are some other videos from Comcast on their YouTube channel.

"Yeah, we know that the service is down, quit whining!"

"So, you think that your bill is too high and it is loaded with too many extra charges? Well, watch this video to find out why you're WRONG!"

"Things you can do to pass the time while you're waiting for the service guy to show up and they are 4 hours late already."

"So, you think that your bill is too high and it is loaded with too many extra charges? Well, watch this video to find out why you're WRONG!"

"Things you can do to pass the time while you're waiting for the service guy to show up and they are 4 hours late already."
without getting too much off topic..Be aware when they quote you a price and say you get 10 channels free that means we can charge you a TV broadcast fee which isn't cheap. Just be aware when offered deals

Oh my gosh, this just gave me a flashback! A couple of years ago I was having problems with my modem and had exhausted all the options you could do yourself from their website and called to speak to a live person. This woman would not let me finish a sentence before she would start talking over me and telling me to do something I had already done. After about 5 minutes of this I lost it and shouted at her that if she would freaking shut up and let me finish a sentence I could tell her that I had done all that and what the results were. I have never shouted at a stranger on the phone before! I must have been the first person to shout at her because she started stammering an appology and at least tried to let me tell her what was going on without interrupting. They never could figure out the problem, but they refused to believe their router was garbage and had the world's weakest wifi signal. I ended up buying my own router and giving theirs back.

Oh my gosh, this just gave me a flashback! A couple of years ago I was having problems with my modem and had exhausted all the options you could do yourself from their website and called to speak to a live person. This woman would not let me finish a sentence before she would start talking over me and telling me to do something I had already done. After about 5 minutes of this I lost it and shouted at her that if she would freaking shut up and let me finish a sentence I could tell her that I had done all that and what the results were. I have never shouted at a stranger on the phone before! I must have been the first person to shout at her because she started stammering an appology and at least tried to let me tell her what was going on without interrupting. They never could figure out the problem, but they refused to believe their router was garbage and had the world's weakest wifi signal. I ended up buying my own router and giving theirs back.
I have hung up on 2 folks my entire life once was sprint rep over a circuit 2nd was Chubb insurance

Reactions: JamesW
This woman would not let me finish a sentence before she would start talking over me and telling me to do something I had already done. After about 5 minutes of this I lost it and shouted at her that if she would freaking shut up and let me finish a sentence I could tell her that I had done all that and what the results were.
The first tier tech support can only read from a script.. I bite my tongue until I can speak to a tier two person or higher... If I am having to call I've already done everything @markayash and @Newdude can do combined... so won't you please let me speak to your FREAKIN" SUPERVISOR!

Reactions: Newdude
Tier one service is a call center in India, Pakistan or the Philippines.

The person who has a very strong accent says that their name is "Sally Jones" or "Mike Smith".

Um, ok. Anyway, there is a 2 to 3 second delay due to the fact that the call is literally going to the other side of the earth and back and the person is speaking as fast as they can and they are reading from a script that won't allow them to do anything other than what the computer says.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The first tier tech support can only read from a script.. I bite my tongue until I can speak to a tier two person or higher... If I am having to call I've already done everything @markayash and @Newdude can do combined... so won't you please let me speak to your FREAKIN" SUPERVISOR!
Chat works better for Comcast. I start off telling them I am a certified network engineer and I have done everything.
Last issue I even talked to there engineering tier 4 after 3 dispatch’s and they still couldn’t explain why it stopped working at 5pm
Finally got a 4th dispatch and that guy said in 10 minutes the cable between your house and street is bad and ran a new one.
Why that took 3 weeks and 4 dispatch’s is beyond me. I told the first guy measure the signal!! 2nd guy never even came inside and just left
I asked him why the others didn’t see that and he just gave me the “ don’t ask me” look

Reactions: Plettschner
Great job on the video everyone.. :)

I really wanted to be on this one and got to working at the house.. the next thing I know I get the link..

As far as network, the easiest way to get 100mb is to do a test with the local cable company... then after the month test when they want to drop you back down to 50mb you tell them that was not part of the deal.. the deal was I stay at 100mb :) been there ever since...

Small town local cable company, no comcast out here... Love me some fiber, I had 1gb in Korea and that was just AWESOME... Supposed to get fiber here, we will see...

Think about this. 15 years ago if you have 3 meg at home you were the fast dude on the block..Now fast forward 20 years forward telling kids or grand kids " I had a Gig internet" and hearing " OMG how did you work, wasn't it slow" " " we have 10 gig and might get 100 gig if they offer a special"

Don't get me started on Comcast support war stories... I got 20 yrs worth of them...

Think about this. 15 years ago if you have 3 meg at home you were the fast dude on the block..Now fast forward 20 years forward telling kids or grand kids " I had a Gig internet" and hearing " OMG how did you work, wasn't it slow" " " we have 10 gig and might get 100 gig if they offer a special"

I remember being the first guy on my block with a 1.44K baud v.32bis modem... Oh baby yeah!

SCREEEEEEEECH-POP-ReeeeYANG...tug tug tug...WHIRRRRR-hisssssss
matthew broderick professor falken GIF

• Love

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.