Sclint13

Jul 31, 2019
Hueytown, AL
I know this has probably been asked before but I'm looking for some more personal advice. I have a Hayward S-200 Vari-Flo pump currently set up with an in-line puck/stick chlorine feeder. I obviously have to replace the chlorine feeder and I am thinking of going ahead and converting to SW. I was looking at the Pentair EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 Control System 520593 With Salt Cell but the more I read I started to worry that the extra cost of the automation would be all for naught because my pump is not compatible(?). So then I started looking at the CircuPool RJ-45 PLUS Salt Chlorine Generator but I'm worried using this will impede any attempts in the future at converting to automation(?).

Basically I am looking for any advice you may have in regards to SWGs and automation for a reasonable price. I also welcome any and all educational lessons on how automation affects a pool pump, SWG, et al.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the number one rule in Automation is that the Automation system, and any VS pump and any SWCG need to be the same brand for them to fully work together.. There are a few exceptions, but even then, when something does not work, it is always the "other" brand's fault..

So... I googled Hayward S-200 Vari-Flo pump and I came up with a blank.. All I can see is a multiport valve.. :scratch:

Do you have a VS pump? Can you recheck the model or show us a pic?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sorry, the S-200 is the filter, not the pump. My bad. The pump is a Hayward Super Pump, I think it’s 1 hp. I’m 99.99% sure it’s single speed. I just took over the pool last summer from my dad and I'm trying to remember all this stuff I learned last year, so I'm sorry for the confusion

S,

The EasyTouch can "easily" control any brand single speed or 2-speed pump.. :mrgreen:

All pool automation systems can control all brands of single speed pumps.. The problem comes in when you want to control a VS pump.

The only VS pump that the EasyTouch can control is the IntelliFlo style pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Sclint13
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.