Jun 26, 2019
Boston
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Greetings,
Day three of rain save for brief interludes lasting an hour here and there. Day four should end ~10:00 AM tomorrow. Thus far through draining water off pool cover with a bucket it's been kept out of the pool. The four breather safety holes are atop near rails.

Once per Sunday night I will 'Super chlorinate' the pool with 1.1L of Blue Shield 'Shock, basically 12.5% chlorine. This in addition to a nightly dose of 500 - 600ml of 10% chlorine (Mon - Sat) if called for in Pool Math. The 4545 gallons is hit with direct sunlight from rising to setting. These past few days being the exception and the UV around 1 - 2.

Readings fall within spec in Pool Math. That said, after the abovementioned 'Super Chlorination' the FC will be high but will not exceed SLAM limit based on CYA.

Enter SLAM. It appears to me that the SLAM process is geared towards treating Algea. I've been fortunate not to have had any algea issues in the past five years, or ever. No green or otherwise cloudy water.

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of SLAM? I've read and watched the video.

Can someone please set me straight on this?

Today's readings:
FC : 7.8
CC: 0
pH: 7.8 (High)
TA: 60
CYA: 50

Given the above I see no point to 'Super Chlornating' tonight.

Thanks all. Have to head into my PT job compliments of Social Insecurity so any replies likely delayed a bit.

Best,
Lyman

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.