SoCal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Had to replace filter system; a Pentair 4000-series D.E with a Cartridge after having a busted D.E filter that returned a bunch of media back in the pool.
Been a slow process over the past 3 weeks to go from algae green, to super cloudy, to semi-cloudy to clear (but not crystal clear).
Was able to do a round of SLAM but couldn't maintain the SLAM for the entire duration, although it did make a big improvement from the starting point.
Been battling high CH, and never had a chance to replace the water for the past 5 years (~20k gallon). System is SWG, running a Dolphin pool robot and brushing frequently.

My plan is to increase CYA and try to level out FC for the season, but I have also been contemplating to do another push with SLAM, but not sure if that is overkill. I have (again) some spots of algae on the plaster which I assume is caused by the non-existing FC at the moment.

Would like to get feedback or recommendation on next step.

Test performed on Taylor K-2006:
FC 0
pH 7.8
CYA <10
TA 100
CH 500

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I think you answered your own question .... you still have algae spots, so it's time for the SLAM Process. Hopefully this time you will be able to maintain it and follow through until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria. Don't' forget to lower the pH to about 7.2 before starting, add about 30 ppm of stabilizer, and increase the FC to 12. If you find later the CYA closer to 40, take the FC up to 16. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.