Suggestions on possible culprit

Aug 5, 2016
Wilmington/NC
So I thought I was crazy the other day when I witnessed this but saw it again today. First the pool is clear and has good numbers. I had to turn the pump off to get the skimmer basket it out (To much suction while running), once I was done cleaning out the skimmer I turned the pump back on and there was what looked like a solid stream of greenish water coming out of the return for around 15-20 seconds then went to running clear again. First thought was while I had the pump off the SWG was on and building up until I turned the pump back on but the SWG was off. Any ideas on what that cloudy off color water could be coming from?

Do you normally run your pump continuously? Was it on for the entire duration of getting the pool clear? I don't know much about AG pools, but I know there's a plumbing phenomenon where material that otherwise stays attached to pipes during a steady flow can suddenly get washed out when pressure surges (as it would when going from "pump off" to "pump on"). Otherwise......when was the last time you replaced your filter material?

Do you normally run your pump continuously? Was it on for the entire duration of getting the pool clear? I don't know much about AG pools, but I know there's a plumbing phenomenon where material that otherwise stays attached to pipes during a steady flow can suddenly get washed out when pressure surges (as it would when going from "pump off" to "pump on"). Otherwise......when was the last time you replaced your filter material?

Pump is set to run 6hrs a day but have been running continuously last couple of days. Had some algae build up (nothing crazy water was still clear. Just a good vacuum job is all it took) from being gone for work and wife not being able to fully look after the pool due to little ones. I was thinking pipes as well but they are new as of early last month. Sand in the filter is less than 12 months old. I've had to backwash a lot this year as well due to forgetting about the hair net trick catching all the small stuff the trees got me with this year during their bloom cycle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.