Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Looking into automated liquid chlorine dispensing and have come across the liquidator and people using the Stenner pumps. Would anyone care to show their setups? I am trying to get an idea of the direction that I want to go.

I am thinking i could get a plastic tank (new) and gravity feed into the return line of the pool using a custom setup. Similar to what the Liquidator uses. Has anyone tried that?

Also, with a 12K pool in the Houston Texas sun, how much liquid chlorine would be typical to go through per week?

Also, with a 12K pool in the Houston Texas sun, how much liquid chlorine would be typical to go through per week?
It's a moving target. You start off with little daily FC loss to the sun and it slowly increases until the peak season, then dwindles down slowly for the back half. The average is 2-4 ppm per day in the more demand-y parts of the season. You'll probably see 3 -5 then because Texas.

4 ppm is about a half gallon of 10% bleach per day for 12k gallons. Hang tight for thoughts on the setup.

It's a moving target. You start off with little daily FC loss to the sun and it slowly increases until the peak season, then dwindles down slowly for the back half. The average is 2-4 ppm per day in the more demand-y parts of the season. You'll probably see 3 -5 then because Texas.

4 ppm is about a half gallon of 10% bleach per day for 12k gallons. Hang tight for thoughts on the setup.
Ok that is a good starting point. The more I look into this, the more i like the idea of a SWCG.

The best liquid chlorine dispensing systems I have seen on the forum use a large buried tank with a Stenner pump system. They are able to get 55 gallon drums of sodium hypochlorite.

Doing it with 1 gallon jugs of 10% would not be fun.

Reactions: Newdude
Liquidators are very good items, I've probably installed 20 over the years. You will need to clean the entire setup on occasion as salts and scale will build up inside the drum and funnel. I've seen the funnel get so clogged that I have had to use a long drill bit to loosen the debris to get it out. For simpler maintenance, the Stenner setup is very good, but more expensive.

If you want to go the LC route, the Stenner is the best option.

A SWG is what you really want. I had a Liquidator in my previous pool and could never go back to that way of chlorinating now that I have a SWG in my new pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.