Jwpool

Dec 22, 2020
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m a new pool owner and first time posting. I have a question about the spillover mode setting on my pool/spa combo controlled by an RS6 aqualink system. When I turn on spillover mode the Jandy Actuator Valve turns while the pool pump is running. Is that an issue shouldn’t there be a delay to allow the valve to turn and turn the pump back on? Sorry for the newb question.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Jeff, welcome to TFP.

I think that is normal operation. Although my pool is closed so I can't verify.

I don't see a problem with the return valve turning while the pump is running. Water moves from the pool returns to the spa returns during the valve movement.

@PoolGate what do you think?

Jeff,

I am not up on your specific automation, but most of them have a check box in the set up that enables the pump to be on or off when the valves turn. I suspect yours does also..

Thanks,

Jim R.

A short delay will not cause any issues and as far as I know, there is not really a way to program in a delay to give the valve time to move.

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it. Yeah, I haven’t seen any way to delay the automation.

In addition, there should never really be a time when there is no output path for the pump in your system. Some port somewhere should allow water to flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.