Jwpool

Dec 22, 2020
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m a new pool owner and first time posting. I have a question about the spillover mode setting on my pool/spa combo controlled by an RS6 aqualink system. When I turn on spillover mode the Jandy Actuator Valve turns while the pool pump is running. Is that an issue shouldn’t there be a delay to allow the valve to turn and turn the pump back on? Sorry for the newb question.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Jeff, welcome to TFP.

I think that is normal operation. Although my pool is closed so I can't verify.

I don't see a problem with the return valve turning while the pump is running. Water moves from the pool returns to the spa returns during the valve movement.

@PoolGate what do you think?

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Jeff,

I am not up on your specific automation, but most of them have a check box in the set up that enables the pump to be on or off when the valves turn. I suspect yours does also..

Thanks,

Jim R.

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
A short delay will not cause any issues and as far as I know, there is not really a way to program in a delay to give the valve time to move.

Jwpool

Dec 22, 2020
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it. Yeah, I haven’t seen any way to delay the automation.

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it. Yeah, I haven’t seen any way to delay the automation.

In addition, there should never really be a time when there is no output path for the pump in your system. Some port somewhere should allow water to flow.