Spider in Grotto!

I wasn't aware that the recluse spider is prevalent in AZ so leaning toward it being a wolf spider.
They are big into woods and dampness, 2 things that aren't so common in AZ. I started looking them up for cross referencing and I’m out. I just can't.

*goes to take a shower to get rid of the itchies*

Reactions: asusundevil

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does not look like a brown recluse or Arizona brown spider (which is a recluse) ( I lived in Scottsdale AZ for 5 years) . Recluse spiders have 6 eyes arranged as three pairs and a violin shape on the cephalothorax with the body of the violin towards the front and the neck of the violin towards the abdomen. The spider in question appears to have 8 eyes that are not arranged in dyads (pairs). Speaking as someone who has suffered a brown recluse bite and had a 1 1/2 inch open ulcerated sore on the back of my wrist for about 3 months. After that I learned to identify them!

Last edited:
Does not look like a brown recluse or Arizona brown spider (which is a recluse) ( I lived in Scottsdale AZ for 5 years) . Recluse spiders have 6 eyes arranged as three pairs and a violin shape on the cephalothorax with the body of the violin towards the front and the neck of the violin towards the abdomen. The spider in question appears to have 8 eyes that are not arranged in dyads (pairs). Speaking as someone who has suffered a brown recluse bite and had a 1 1/2 inch open ulcerated sore on the back of my wrist for about 3 months. After that I learned to identify them!
Swamp, you sound like an arachnologist. You never know what's behind people's names on here!

Reactions: asusundevil
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.