SE Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I'm installing a faux stone grotto from universal stone and want to add a light to the inside of it. Since my pool is getting all Jandy Nicheless lights I figured it would make sense to use one inside the grotto as well.

I have a 12w on hand, but am thinking about dropping down to a 6w. There's some wording in the manual that says you should only use the 6w in "wet areas around pool". I'm guessing maybe due to heat output?

The question comes up of how do I mount it? My original thought was to just drill a large hole through the "rock" and install a standard 1.5" return fitting, then just screw the light in. Does this sound correct? I don't know how much heat these put off but I'm assuming it's not going to damage the hardened foam they use to make the fuax ston? .

On that note, does any one know of a relatively low profile return fitting that is both deep (needs to be at least 5" to get through the stone) and doesn't have a huge bezel on it? Something that is relatively easy to conceal inside of a faux cave.

Thanks!

This thread on grotto lighting may give you other ideas...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.