Grotto Lighting Help Needed ASAP

Speechteacher

Aug 8, 2022
CA
Having our grotto designed this week. I was looking for some small twinkling RGB lighting which could go in the walls and ceiling of the grotto. PC mentioned fiber optics, I guess the bulb is changeable and it’s located down the cable. I’ve seen the SR Smith micro lights with premiere transformer that has 2 light show options, it’s costly. On YouTube there is the PoolGuy installing resin molded gemstones onto 12v LeD bulbs to create a “cave of treasures”. I know nothing about electricity. What can I use inside the grotto which will have multi colored lights? What else is a viable option with any limitations? How do these lights attach to the walls/ceiling? Silicone adhesive? Or do I have to have a niche? Or can I use spring loaded lights that fit into a hole or maybe into PVC pipe? Any help that isn’t too technical would be great! Thanks!

Having our grotto designed this week
What material is planned? Concrete, stacked stone,etc?
What can I use inside the grotto which will have multi colored lights?
Our grotto is concrete, faux rock and I used these fixtures
With these smart Mr16 bulbs
BEAMLUX Smart WiFi MR16 Color Changing led Bulbs RGBCW, Dimmable with App Control, 40° Beam Angle AC/DC 12V GU5.3 Base, Compatible with Alexa and Google Home Assistant, No Hub Required (2PACK) https://a.co/d/0vej792

How do these lights attach to the walls/ceiling
As ours was concrete faux rock the fixtures were integrated into the rock work. The fixtures we chose have a pvc sleeve that was installed then the another pvc part with the fixture assembly installs in that.
IMG_20211012_162907.jpgIMG_20211014_134704.jpgIMG_20211015_190340.jpg

A couple additional things:
We have about 20 of the smart mr16's and they work great with some caveats
1. I set them up with smart life individually In an extra fixture on an extra transformer - trying to initiate the "all at once" setup with them installed was an exercise in futility
2. The 4 in the grotto are essentially in a Faraday cage of rebar and concrete - they don't always connect back to wifi so I leave them on one of the available "shows" . When I want to change them I go into the grotto with my phone, set Mobile Hotspot to the same network name and password as my house, the lights connect and I change away.
3. Pb was initially going to install some crappy home depot halogen fixture that would not have been repairable and 20 watts each. The ones I bought are repairable/replaceable and use 5 watt leds
4. I have all the lights on an intermatic 300 watt pool grade low voltage transformer using a relay in my intellicenter

Last one 😉, make sure to have a return plumbrd in the grotto that flows across the seat. Someone on here suggested this to me but it was too late and I kick myself everytime I go out and see the dirt settled on the seat and have to whip out the brush

Oh also, how did you know that the bulbs you bought were compatible with the fixture you bought?
The fixtures I used utilize a standard mr16 gu5.3 bulb. I chose them as I plan on leaving this house in a box and wanted repairability 😃. Our pb pushed back at first as its not what he used but now uses these on all his builds with rock work 🤣

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.