Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Hi all,
So, yea!! - dig day is Friday!!! So excited! Our raised spa will have a 3' spillway and I've seen a lot of pictures where a formed piece is used to move the water out further from the edge of the spa. It looks like some preformed (not sure what material) thing which I don't think is very attractive. I've seen several posts that the water will form deposits on the waterline tile below unless the spillway is handled correctly. What other options are available that don't look so contrived? Also, we are planning on a ledge from the deep end along the long side of the pool so it would be underneath this spillway and it seems like the preformed thing would konk you in the head!?
Many thanks!

@cowboycasey - sorry I should have done that!
We are using bluestone marble for the spa cap and a light blue gray stacked stone for our 7x10 spa. Thanks for responding

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    683.7 KB · Views: 56
That is probably the best way to do a spillway.. if you do not have that and it just runs down the side it will coat your stone under it.. once it coats it it looks very unsightly and every one ends up here asking for ways to clean there rock under the spillway.. you will not have that issue the way they have done it.. and it gives a perfect flow over the entire spillway...

With that said there a many different ways to do a spillway... I have a feeling it will cost some money to redo some other way... but it is your pool and if you are not happy with it now I do not think it will grow on you :)

Reactions: miltonmom
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.