So this just happened....

Very impressive! (youtube vid)

I might go for a smaller version of one of these in the future.

I'm on my second clean cycle and I have to say I'm impressed with all the fines it just picked up. Yesterday we had a lot of wind going from about 11am all the way until the early evening. I skimmed a couple of times to get leaves off the top of the water but there was plenty of small flower petals from the various Tombstone Rose bushes around that they sank to the bottom. They are small, white or yellow petals and when they sink you can't see them. Well, the robot picked them up with lots of dirt as well. Mr. T is earning his keep....I may even be nice to him and buy a cover to throw over him when not in use....

Another bonus - no hoses in the pool to mess with the view. It's nice to look out the side door and see straight to the bottom without a pool cleaner hose messing up the view or causing ripples. Like a nice sheet of glass...

I've had the S300i for a year. Absolutely love it. One problem I run into is,,,,I have lots of trees which means lots of trash. The black mesh cover on the bottom of the filter box gets stopped up. Mine Dolphins name Is Robo Cop! Love him! Oh one more thing.vvmy liner is fading Ned's to be replaced. He has left some steaks on it also.

I've had the S300i for a year. Absolutely love it. One problem I run into is,,,,I have lots of trees which means lots of trash. The black mesh cover on the bottom of the filter box gets stopped up. Mine Dolphins name Is Robo Cop! Love him! Oh one more thing.vvmy liner is fading Ned's to be replaced. He has left some steaks on it also.

Good to hear you're still loving' it. One always worries about longevity when you make these big purchases. The pool store owner definitely warned me about the orifice getting plugged up if Mr. T ran over a large pile of mesquite needles or leaves. Luckily for me, all offending foliage has been removed from around my pool and so large amounts of leaf litter is not a problem. I could see how the standard tracks and brushes could be hard on vinyl...I never looked into it but is there a different brush material option?

They reference in the literature a brush that needs to be squeezed before dropping it in the pool. I assume that would mean there is also some type of sponge brush option but I've never seen anything other than the rubber flap brushes.

They reference in the literature a brush that needs to be squeezed before dropping it in the pool. I assume that would mean there is also some type of sponge brush option but I've never seen anything other than the rubber flap brushes.

You can look it up online, it's called the "Wonder Brush" by Maytronics. They are foam "brushes" that are supposed to be used on smooth tiled pools. My guess is that they are made of a melamine foam similar to a Mr. Clean Magic Sponge in which case they probably are not compatible with plaster (torn apart) or vinyl (too abrasive, might scuff the printed pattern).

Wow! Just saw the video! That beast is crazy cool! I showed my wife....she said NO. Lol. (I just got my Easytouch 4 so I can't complain.) ? ???

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

You can look it up online, it's called the "Wonder Brush" by Maytronics. They are foam "brushes" that are supposed to be used on smooth tiled pools. My guess is that they are made of a melamine foam similar to a Mr. Clean Magic Sponge in which case they probably are not compatible with plaster (torn apart) or vinyl (too abrasive, might scuff the printed pattern).

Yeah, looks like they are a real specialty item. Only being for ceramic tiled pools they are more likely used internationally than here. Interestingly, you are never supposed to let them dry out once wet. Kind of the opposite of Gremlins, where you need to keep them dry or else.

I do find that Magic Erasers really are magic for some applications!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Would that work the same for PVC furniture? I did just spend 3 hours this weekend, with a power washer, so be gentle.

The don't call it a "Magic Eraser" for nothing.....I'm sure you can find a new purpose for the power-washer... :laughblue:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What should you use to clean a dirty magic eraser?

You could use another magic eraser but then that would end up dirty and then you have to buy another one to clean that. It's an endless feedback loop. Kind of like lather, rinse repeat.

Also, since it's melamine, I wonder if you could use it to lower cyanuric acid? Probably not.

Good to hear you're still loving' it. One always worries about longevity when you make these big purchases. The pool store owner definitely warned me about the orifice getting plugged up if Mr. T ran over a large pile of mesquite needles or leaves. Luckily for me, all offending foliage has been removed from around my pool and so large amounts of leaf litter is not a problem. I could see how the standard tracks and brushes could be hard on vinyl...I never looked into it but is there a different brush material option?

Sorry for late response but meant to add....if I have more than normal leaves on bottom I found taking the black oriface guard off and it picks up more. It really does a good job but it's been chasing 1 acorn around the bottom deep in for 3 weeks.

Sorry for late response but meant to add....if I have more than normal leaves on bottom I found taking the black oriface guard off and it picks up more. It really does a good job but it's been chasing 1 acorn around the bottom deep in for 3 weeks.

I'm sure it's just a bored little robot! It was promised at the factory that it would spend its days battling algae and sucking up all manner of debris and grime and now it's just stuck in your perfect TFP pool and it's just feeling like it's never ever going to reach it's potential....so, being a bit depressed by it all, it just kicks an acorn around the deep end wondering when the day will come for it to truly shine....

DO the little guy a favor and thrown a couple of handfuls of grass clippings into the pool...it'll make him feel better :laughblue:

I'm sure it's just a bored little robot! It was promised at the factory that it would spend its days battling algae and sucking up all manner of debris and grime and now it's just stuck in your perfect TFP pool and it's just feeling like it's never ever going to reach it's potential....so, being a bit depressed by it all, it just kicks an acorn around the deep end wondering when the day will come for it to truly shine....

DO the little guy a favor and thrown a couple of handfuls of grass clippings into the pool...it'll make him feel better :laughblue:

You just gave me a new perspective on that dang one little acorn. Your right, maybe he doesn't have enough to do. But alas, storms tonight. He's resting and hopefully will reach his full potential tomorrow. :snorkle:

Just a minor update - I REALLY like dual filter basket!

We've had a bunch of windy/dusty days here and the Palo Verde trees are finally starting to let-up on their pollen onslaught. I ran my cleaner a few times in the last week and, while the basket only had minor leaf/flower/bug debris in it, the fines filter was nicely loaded with each run. It looks a little off white BUT when I sprayed it down with the hose, the water running off it was grey and murky. So Mr. T was really sucking up a lot of fine particulates. Previously, all of that fine stuff would go straight into my DE filter so it's nice to know that it's not.

Woooooohoooooo!!!!!!!

:party:

I'm happy to see it working. Sorry I've been sick with a cold that last two days and I just needed to sleep this morning. I assume you got the connections sorted out.

I hope it brings you many years of cleanliness !!

I would suggest, when time and funding permit, you also consider a small Hayward inline leaf canister. It fits between the hose segments and allows you to capture debris in a bag. This can help to keep the skimmer from getting clogged up, or worse, a suction line clog.

If you should need to keep part of the hose afloat, a split section of large diameter pool noodle works quite well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.