So this just happened....

Also the M500 has a 3rd brush that actually looks more like a brush. So I am going to force myself to believe it is a good brusher.

Yeah, the M Series is a completely different platform. There is that third brush on the bottom whose sole purpose is to scrub. So it's definitely better than the S Series in that regard. The starting price of the M series is a lot higher though ... although it seems the S Series is starting to ratchet its entry price up as well 🤑

Reactions: Mdragger88
My Latest Toy - Thanks Amazon Day Sales!

Perhaps not interesting to some but if you have a suction cleaner I always recommend an in-line leaf canister to keep debris out of the suction line. The additional head-loss is minimal but the potential savings from not having to deal with a suction line plug or a full pump strainer basket is … priceless.

I had the very large flip-top Pentair canister -
7B885C61-176B-4873-9A06-AA9A8DFC552C.jpeg

But I got a Hayward W650 instead because it’s half the size and has a solid strainer basket as opposed to the mesh bag.

812E7BB8-8C91-490B-975F-4EBCABE45DBD.jpeg

D430B443-4F99-426F-89BD-50C9C5861871.jpeg

So you might be wondering what the chopped up pool noodle hack is all about ? I have found that if you let the full canister go in the pool it eventually sinks and kind of points the hose downward. This can interfere with the smooth motion of the cleaner around the pool. By adding a Pentair hose weight to the wall connector hose and a chunk of pool noodle to the front of the canister, you can orient the canister so it’s always floating at the surface. This keeps the rest of the hose strain-free. Works like a charm and only costs $2 for a chunk of pool noodle.

Because the Hayward canister has a nice hard plastic strainer, I lined it with a hairnet like I do my skimmer to make it a cinch to clean.

By adding a Pentair hose weight to the wall connector hose and a chunk of pool noodle to the front of the canister, you can orient the canister so it’s always floating at the surface. This keeps the rest of the hose strain-free. Works like a charm and only costs $2 for a chunk of pool noodle.
Genius!

By the way, I hope you don't mind, but I have already filed for a patent on the idea and I will be going on Shark Tank next week to see about getting an investment.

I will send you one free since you came up with the idea.

Pool noodles are great. I use a chunk as a floater on my home made frog ramp. Initially built as a blue tongue lizard ramp, therefore a bit sturdier. Kookaburras took the blueies, left it in the pool for frogs, but they seem to prefer the ride through the suction cleaner to the ramp.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I agree, Pool Noodles are amazing. They rank right up there with duct tape in their many uses.
I have some behind my couch cushions right now to prevent shifting.
I have also used the big ones under the fitted sheet to prevent toddlers from rolling out of bed 🛏.
Just Recently used some to prevent rubbing in the battery compartment of the golf cart I did for my mom.
However, i hate uncoated pool noodles in my pool… they deteriorate & get tiny bits of foam errrywhere!
I am hoping these go on sale soon as they are the bee’s knee’s
👇
6700DC18-4B7C-4CB9-808B-7C7B7AC4A8EB.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.