So this happened

This rain and temp drop made it feel like winter instantly.

Same here. Hurricane Ian and the nor’easter it morphed into drastically dropped our temps. Last year at this time pool temp was 77°; now it’s 62°. As soon as the closing supplies I ordered show up, I’m closing it up. ☹️

Reactions: Newdude
OK it's time to end this thread for closure, with the closure. :ROFLMAO:

The company I ordered the cover through showed up Friday afternoon with no warning. I was supposed to be told so that I could have the pool ready for the cover, but the customer can go scratch, as per the current way of things. So I had some words with the crew about their office, and was clear that my beef with the office. The offered to come back after the weekend which I gladly accepted. I closed the pool over the weekend as seen here

Closing thread

They came Monday (yesterday) and installed the cover.

20221122_110549.jpg

It's got reinforced patches on the stair corners as promised and they mostly core drilled as promised.

20221122_110650.jpg

There are a few holes that they chipped, likely due to trying to save time without core drilling, but they are minor and once the sand/dirt fills them in, I'll never even notice. I haven't counted but at least 2/3 of then are clean holes.

20221122_110731.jpg

The grey really looks nice against the other greys going on. The 15% upcharge was worth every penny there.

20221122_111441.jpg

Thanks for taking this ride with me. You may now exit through the turnstiles once the ride has come to a complete stop.

The holes look like they are too big.
I'll fill them with polymeric sand to match. The anchors go through the slab under the pavers, they aren't going anywhere.
Some straps look a little bit loose.
Yeah. No two of the springs are compressed the same. :ROFLMAO: I'm going to give it some time in the sun and wind and will tighten them up soon.
don't like the one strap that's at and angle other than 90 degrees.
No explanation there but LAZY.

20221122_111441.jpg

It looks worse in the pic and is only 2 - 3 inches off, but still. They drilled several other stones in the middle, why is that one special ? Because zero pride in one's work anymore, that's why. *sigh*

• Wow
Reactions: Decoy205 and JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They showed up when they said they would this time??? NICE! Good night sweet pool! See you in the Spring!
Sweet Dreams 90S GIF by Frankie

Good night sweet pool! See you in the Spring!
+1. Wasted no time Changing gears and got this bad boy out from the shed and summer-ized (?). Or is it still winterized because it's ready for winter, even though one got put away and one got taken out ? :ROFLMAO:

20221122_161741.jpg

What is that a picture of? :scratch:
Long distance beer dispenser. That's the new thing up north! He is getting it ready for our visit so while @JoyfulNoise and I are using Epoxy, @Newdude can open the back slider and launch us a beer...

Last edited:
Real question though, would epoxy ever let the anchors come out when it was time to replace them ? Is there such a thing as securing them too well ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.