So this happened

LOVE the darker accent around the edge of the pool.
It's REALLY dark and called 'coal' for a reason. We figured it was going to fade anyway so even if it was too dark, it wouldn't be for long.
I like how the cut to corner pieces.
Very happy here also. Last time the guys cut skinny pizza slices for a rounded outside edge and then had to cut the patio blocks to match and they looked stupid. All squares is going to help my CDO brain alot. (It's like OCD but in alphabetical order)

Reactions: Decoy205
What brand/color are the pavers?
Cambridge Limestone Quarry blend and Coal bull nose. They had one that had blue streaks in it and REALLY looked good but the upgrade was a $0.50 a foot more. That was very reasonable but we went so large already and added the stairs and the pockets were just empty. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PCR
Reactions: Casey
I'm seriously considering it. However, the channel drain won't help any water underneath, if there is any. If no water gets under there, then it's much less necessary.

Then I was thinking it may not last a slushy winter once clogged and frozen. I briefly mentioned the possibility to the patio guy yesterday and he was adamant he is against drains. So far, ice is all I can come up with as to why.

Tape would breakdown too soon. Silicone would last a couple years longer. Construction adhesive will hopefully outlast the liner and if it works, we can do it again next time. :ROFLMAO:
How about a butyl roof flashing tape? It is thin, remains sticky and remains flexible.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How about a butyl roof flashing tape? It is thin, remains sticky and remains flexible.
Is that the same stuff they use for doors and windows ? That would likely hold up to the elements. (y)

For better or worse, it's glued and cemented over.

but if the liner ever gets changed out, how do they access and remove?
The liner tracks are accessible from the front like normal.

If the tracks need replacing once day, the coping gets broken off, also like normal. and then the 1/3 (?) inch cement will get busted up too. That little layer of cement is the easy and cheap part to break and replace. The coping on the other hand will hurt to replace.

Reactions: Newdude and kul
Now that’s an entry for the decking challenge
Pat's been following my build thread to troll me with the contests. He did water clarity when I had a shell, pets when mine weren't allowed in the mud pit around the freshly filled pool, and he picked a winner for the decking contest, today, as mine was laid.

The humor is not lost on me and I salute him. :salut:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.