So this happened

In addition and specific to Massachusetts, you need to have an outlet that is within 10ft of the pool.

Not specific to Massachusetts.

NEC 680.22(A)(1) Required Receptacle Location. At least one 15A or 20A, 125V receptacle must be located not less than 6 ft and not more than 20 ft from the inside wall of a permanently installed pool. This receptacle must be located not more than 6½ ft above the floor, platform, or grade level serving the permanently installed pool.

Reactions: Newdude
In lieu of running multiple circuit just run large circuit and put a subpanel. You can save a bit by using direct burial cable and not need conduit. Realize the challenge with conduit is that you need pull boxes for every 360° of bends. If you go conduit, leave a pull tape in the conduit incase you want to pull more wires later on, and make sure the conduit is sized large enough for adding more wires.

Reactions: Dirk and Newdude
Well ?????? Go on.
:epds:

^^^^ What he said!

Not specific to Massachusetts.

NEC 680.22(A)(1) Required Receptacle Location. At least one 15A or 20A, 125V receptacle must be located not less than 6 ft and not more than 20 ft from the inside wall of a permanently installed pool. This receptacle must be located not more than 6½ ft above the floor, platform, or grade level serving the permanently installed pool.

Well there we go.
I gave the stupid look as i had 2 outlets that were both ~20ft of where the pool was proposed to go and thinking why do i need more? Apparently code knows you are going to run a pump or a cleaner at some point and don't want you using a half dozen extension cords.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirk and Newdude
Thanks for the explanation. Just checked mine and it's 9.5 ft. Woo-hoo. It looked alot closer in the pics. I'll bring itcloser to the house to raise it and be less of a trip hazzard. 20220421_160735.jpg

What exactly comes with the robots ? Say, the S200 and S600 (depending on availability). They have a 50 ft cord, but is there a power supply ? Does the power supply have a cord ? How long is that, if so ?

Reactions: TKpoolOH
So I came home to find stairs in the driveway. They aren't the right ones, we were supposed to be getting the ones with benches built into the sides but at this point, I don't think beggars can be choosers.
20220421_155943.jpg

Other progress pics for science :
20220421_160524.jpg20220421_160433.jpg

I built a form with scrap for the equipment pad way back when with a gravel base. The crew was happy to have somewhere to dump the leftover cement on the pour day. It's a bit sloppy but for a free 4X10 equipment pad, I'll take it.
20220421_160946.jpg

You can save a bit by using direct burial cable and not need conduit.
Of course, and that's a consideration if he knows what he's running and where. I was suggesting empty conduit as a way of leaving options open for future needs, the ones he might not think of now, or might think he'll never want. Never say never, unless there's no conduit under the deck!
Realize the challenge with conduit is that you need pull boxes for every 360° of bends.
For sure. That's a matter of understanding why that is and planning ahead for the need. Even 360° can be pushing it, depending on number and type of wires.
If you go conduit, leave a pull tape in the conduit incase you want to pull more wires later on, and make sure the conduit is sized large enough for adding more wires.
100%! I've recommended strong, nylon twine to others for this. What is pull tape?

Thanks for the explanation. Just checked mine and it's 9.5 ft. Woo-hoo. It looked alot closer in the pics. I'll bring itcloser to the house to raise it and be less of a trip hazzard. View attachment 403123

What exactly comes with the robots ? Say, the S200 and S600 (depending on availability). They have a 50 ft cord, but is there a power supply ? Does the power supply have a cord ? How long is that, if so ?

Power supply has a standard length (3ft) cord with a plug. The cord between the power supply and robot is 50ft (maybe 60ft).

That outlet cover sucks. Get a outdoor rated cover with cutouts that let you plug stuff in but close the cover shield. That way if it’s raining, you can safely plug stuff in. Like this -

TayMac MM410C Single-Gang Horizontal/Vertical Mount Weatherproof In-Use Cover, 16 in 1, 2.75 in, Clear
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001JEPX44/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_Q2170EHQ1N0KTGTFJBEV

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That outlet cover sucks. Get a outdoor rated cover with cutouts that let you plug stuff in but close the cover shield. That way if it’s raining, you can safely plug stuff in.
Lol. Yeah that's all going. I will only reuse the conduit and wires if they appear healthy when I get all up in there. If not I'll start new from scratch.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Industrial strength shoe lace. It's flat but crazy strong.

Ah, flat, as in: you lose less space in the conduit? I'll look for that the next time I have a need...

Just look for fiberglass fish tape. That’s basically what it is. You can get it in the electrical section at HD or Lowes.

Reactions: Newdude and Dirk
Ah, flat, as in: you lose less space in the conduit? I'll look for that the next time I have a need
It's much less prone to retain the curls after pulling it out. I have had regular pull string wrap itself around a wire so many times it becomes useless for future use. (When using multiple drags)

Reactions: Dirk
Thanks for the explanation. Just checked mine and it's 9.5 ft. Woo-hoo. It looked alot closer in the pics. I'll bring itcloser to the house to raise it and be less of a trip hazzard.

The S200 and the M600 come with a 60 foot cord and the power supply has a 5 foot cord connected to it... If you buy or get the caddy the power supply sits on it so you can have about 62 to 64 feet of cord... :)

The S200 and the M600 come with a 60 foot cord and the power supply has a 5 foot cord connected to it... If
Awsome THANKS. Once I get some of the dirt out of the way I will have to play with measurements to see where I need an outlet for the robot. If I use the short side of the pool it might be a hair short to get across the patio and cover the far side of the 40 ft rectangle If I use the long side of the pool for power I will have 40ft of slack on the patio. 🤦‍♂️

I have an existing outlet on the house about 1/4 of the way down the long side that is 33 ft from the pool edge. I'll have to measure from that to see if it will make it to the far corner from there.

• Haha
Reactions: cowboycasey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.