Slowly progressing...

I flipped the switch (on the pump) yesterday! All was good...except the pump seal is leaking a tiny bit. I just ordered a replacement seal last night.

There are no leaks on the new pvc I ran with some of the stuff from last year. I had to get in and brush the sides and floor and of course that made it very cloudy, but I let it run all night with the swg on boost and this morning it was crystal clear...

clear water.jpeg
The kids are already in!

Attachments

• FBBA33FA-ED45-4031-B1C0-095613ACA3E8.jpeg
    FBBA33FA-ED45-4031-B1C0-095613ACA3E8.jpeg
    770.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
I flipped the switch (on the pump) yesterday! All was good...except the pump seal is leaking a tiny bit. I just ordered a replacement seal last night.

There are no leaks on the new pvc I ran with some of the stuff from last year. I had to get in and brush the sides and floor and of course that made it very cloudy, but I let it run all night with the swg on boost and this morning it was crystal clear...
View attachment 105696

The kids are already in!

Cool! Feedback on the Aqualuminator I see there? Want to get one but seeing mixed reviews, mainly on longevity.

A couple weeks ago I found a solar cover reel on ‘OfferUp’ for 20 bucks, it was only about 10 minutes away from my house! I didn’t want to mount it right to the coping, so I planted a couple 4x6s for it to sit on...

View attachment 110001
Thanks for posting. This is what we are thinking of doing. :wave:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
YOU SCORED!! and that is the purrfect way to set it up as well! :party:

Kim:kim:
I couldn’t believe I found it, the listing said it was posted 4 months ago! I thought to myself that it has to be gone by now...but they replied back it was still available! ...and for 20 bucks? I’ll take it!

Thanks for posting. This is what we are thinking of doing. :wave:
You’re very welcome! I wanted to make it as easy as possible for my wife and kids to do it when I’m at work, and having it mounted off the end of the pool like that is nice because it’s out of the way already.

Reactions: mariane
Hello pool people!...welcome to the 2nd full season of our AGP!
You may recall last season, I mentioned the pump I’ve been using (the one that came with the pool) had a very small leak from the impeller shaft seal. I bought a seal kit and figured I would replace it in the off season. Well...I tried to save it, but it wasn’t saving! lol
I could only get out 2 of the long bolts that run the length of the pump, the other 2 broke (even after a all night soaking with PB Blaster) I eventually got it apart, but it really wasn’t worth all the time I had in it already, not to mention what I would have had to put in it...to drill out the broken bolts, etc

R.I.P.
MWWYTR.jpg

...she served me well!!

The decision to not spend anymore time and money on my old pump was made easier because I had already bought a backup from INYOpools...

new pump.jpg
...I hope it works! lol

Of course I then had to re-do the plumbing to the filter...

new plumbing.jpg

new plumbing2.jpg
...more changes coming, stay tuned!

Last edited:
I finally got the new pump situated and new plumbing to and from the pool hooked up yesterday...

new plumbing3.jpg

We also took the winter cover off...to a fairly clear pool...

kitchen window view.jpg
(kitchen window view)

...but...I’m having some minor issues...

I have some air bubbles at the top of the pump strainer...and my weir door is going flat inside the skimmer for some reason...and I think there were small drips coming from where the pump strainer housing meets the pump. But it’s hard to tell because water sprays everywhere when I bleed the air out of the filter!
It was getting dark, and I was getting bit up so I had to stop for the night.

Last edited:
You are exactly right, the water is a little low in that pic...my wife had the hose in it for a while today while I was at work. It’s still not as high as I like it to be...in between the first and second screws on the side of the skimmer flange.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.