Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m not holding chlorine.

FC - 0
CYA - 25
pH -7.2

The Pool Math says add 399oz. This has to be way too little. Can someone please help. Thank you

Your CYA is most likely too low. Being in Louisiana and it is hot and humid, you should have your CYA at 50.
Do you have algae which is why you wish to SLAM or you just can't hold FC?

I don’t see any algae, but I’ve been unable to hold chlorine all summer long. A month or so ago, I saw algae around my pool light. I dumped several (6 or more) gallons of 10% bleach in.

Your CYA is quite low. But remember, the M in SLAM is Maintain. So add the chlorine. Test FC in an hour or so, add more chlorine to get to 12 ppm FC, etc. Do that several times each day until the pool is clear. Then do the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Read SLAM Process

Reactions: Jesusfreak
Rinse, lather, repeat. You have some CYA so it's not ammonia. The more you can babysit it, the faster it goes.

You got this. :)

Reactions: Jesusfreak
I checked it again. After adding the R-870 it did turn pink, not bright pink. I believe it is at a 10. I just added 2 more gallons. It is 8:30pm. The pump is set to run 24/7. Can I leave it until the morning (3:45am)? I need to go to sleep for work in the morning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rain won't slow down the SLAM Process. Do your best to maintain that proper elevated FC level. Proper testing is key. The more consistent and accurate you are with testing and dosing the better the results. During a SLAM, the pump must be on continuously to move chlorine and water through the filter. A low speed is fine. Good luck!

Reactions: Snoobug and newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.