Single Pump or Multiple Pumps

wazzubrad

Jul 12, 2019
Boise, ID
Guys,

I am requesting thoughts on using one variable speed pump (Pentair - IntelliFlo VSF 011056) for the following pool/spa combo build;

* Pool - 25k - 30k gallons
* Spa - 8-10 jets w/ spillover
* Waterfall (90gpm)
* (2) Bubblers
* (3) Laminars

Would a single VSP be a great option for this type of system? My objective would be to simplify the plumbing system and save on upfront cost while also keeping monthly operation costs down.

Thank you for your feedback!

Welcome to the forum!
You can, but, you must decide if you want any items to operate simultaneously. The spa should be good, as long as you are not running the bubblers or laminars. The pool can circulate (how are you chlorinating?) with the bubblers and laminars, depending on how many of those you want. Or you might have to run the bubbler or the laminars, not both.

You will want automation to control all those. You will not want to run the spa, bubblers, or laminars all the time as they drive your pH up.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

mknauss.

Most everything would run independently on automation (am anticipating using Pentair's Intellicenter).

I am not entirely decided on chlorination yet. I was leaning towards salt with the Pentair IC40.

Thank you for those references and the suggestion and will check those out. Greatly appreciate the info!

I forgot about the waterfall. That should use a completely different type of pump, low head/high volume. Even have its own intake ports in the pool. Again, you will not want to run it all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.