Side-cleaner or robotic

PaulinSoFla

Jul 22, 2020
Sarasota Florida
Hi. I’m new to pool ownership. Bought house in December & am taking over pool care from local company that had been doing my chemistry & occasionally brushing down sides.

I think I need a vacuum as I don’t have one, & am considering a zodiac mx8 that is $400 ($525-$125 mail in rebate). I have also seen dolphin robotic cleaners for about $6-$700. Is it worth the extra to get a robotic? Are there any other units I should consider over these choices?
Future plans include possibly converting to salt water as my wife is sensitive to the chemicals & I would like to maintain low chlorine levels if possible.

Pool:
In ground
20,000 gal
Quartz surface (diamond brute - super blue)
Built in steps & perimeter seating
Recessed ladder
Pop up drains
Attached spa with spill over

Check out the following posts

i have a new pool and started with an MX5. it really struggled with the shape of my pool. I got a Pentair Warrior SI and it does a much better job. Neither can handle the baja shelf, so i still have to do that manually.

we got our palm tress trimmed last week and the robot ran for 6 hours. I cleaned out full baskets about 3 times. that would have all done to the filter with the MX5, so the robot reduces how often i need to clean the filter as well.

the robot is also slightly cheaper to run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.