Should I Upgrade from Pentair Easytouch 8 to Pentair IntelliCenter?

Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire/CT
Decision: Buy a new Pentair protocol adapter which hopefully fixes my communication issue with ScreenLogic or buy upgrade kit to convert Pentair Easytouch 8 to Pentair IntelliCenter (522047)

Background:
My Easytouch 8 is about 4 years old. Protocol adapter is bad. Diagnosed with some helpful members from TFP and also with a couple technical people directly from pentair. To replace protocol adapter best price I can get is $400 w/shipping. Was thinking about a upgrading to IntelliCenter instead (no protocol adapter needed) but best price I got was $750.

First question is should I do it? Will I have equal or better functionality from the IntelliCenter vs my Easytouch 8? I don't want to spend a lot of money to step backwards in some functionality. Does anyone have any experience with IntelliCenter?

Also, $750 (Pentair 522047 Upgrade Kit) seems high for the upgrade kit. Does anyone know where I might be able to get a better price if in fact upgrading is the best option/recommendation?

has lots of information in what you get with the IntelliCenter as well as its problems.

Pentair IntelliCenter Review and Information covers user experiences with the system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.