SC Pool Build

Electrician came today and is wiring it all up and putting chlorine in. Monday pool builder is coming and will clean the driveway, clean the pool, and put salt in. Luckily I hadn't picked up my order of salt from Lowe's yet. I am going to just get 5 bags to keep on hand and switch the hot tub over.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They came to vacuum and add salt, I counted 18 bags that they added. Dude didn't know how to make the SCG turn on with the Intellicenter.... 15 minutes later and I had the SCG on and the VSP hooked up to the Intellicenter. It is reading 4300ppm. I'll run tests tonight with the test kit.

Since I don't know if they are going to have to drain it all for the dip or wrinkles yet, I decided not to add anything, but did take a round of tests. PoolMath Logs

I put the SCG on super chlorinate earlier today and threw in the M600 to do the water line, the pollen was starting to build up.

Current pump schedule is:
24 hours 700 rpm
2 hours 1800 rpm

Pool deck drain... Pool builder didn't say anything about it and neither did the concrete contractor.... The wall builder brought it up last week. The concrete contractor said he could do it however we wanted. Either sloping the deck or putting in a drain. So I ordered 100 feet of the below, thinking it would go up against the wall.... 1585780156624.png

Wall contractor was here today and started digging the footer and said the drain should go in the middle of the deck and to have the concrete company slope it from the pool to the middle and from the wall to the middle.

Is there a rule of thumb on deck drains? Like where they go, how wide or deep they have to be?

1585780322103.png

1585780335874.png

Pool Builder came out and checked the liner issues, took pictures and noted them down, they will be issuing a certificate if we have any issues with these spots it will be covered completely.

Just have to raise my PH a little bit and chemistry will be all good. It took quite awhile to add 60 lbs of boric acid lol.

Fence builder is starting next week.

Concrete contractor is coming Saturday so we can go over the layout. Wall was severely over budget, so might be cutting out some of the concrete we wanted to do and will do it at a later time. I am sending back the drain I got and I think if we need one, going to go with a micro channel drain instead.

Wall was completed yesterday.

IMG_20200409_073019.jpgIMG_20200409_073103.jpg
IMG_20200409_073122.jpgIMG_20200409_073153.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.