SC Pool Build

I know this is being picky.... and not sure if it actually *is* a problem but I caution against letting bromine water get into your pool via kids water toys or bathing suits or whatever if they were to go back and forth between pool and hot tub like mine did..... my concern is over time having bromine in your chlorine pool. When enough bromine is in your pool it then becomes a bromine pool and *not* a chlorine pool. But how much is too much?
I'll invite our resident chem experts to chime in on this fret of mine- @JoyfulNoise @JamesW

Have you considered using a small salt water chlorine generator in the hot tub? Saltron makes a nice small one that works well. Or just liquid chlorine?

Maddie the worrywort :flower:

@YippeeSkippy I thought about it and probably should have researched more if I could have got a different Intellicenter that would do my type of hot tub also.

If I went the route of liquid chlorine, wouldn't I have to add that every day?

I am still fighting on not moving the hot tub near the pool and leaving it in the garage with the projector so that we can watch movies while relaxing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sure they may.... usually any of those items given out are the cheapest on the market with just a net on it. See if they'll give it to you now? Otherwise if you're adding salt now you need to just buy one and get the brush end.

They may give you a simple starter test kit too. Don't hold your breath that it will be anything near what we recommend.

So they are giving me some supplies next week and are going to clean the pool.

The electrician hasn't shown up yet, so should I dump in some bleach? Already have tons of mosquitoes flying around.

The retaining wall is about 90' long, had another company come up and is going to give a quote on doing it with stone or 6'x6' instead, just have to talk wife into it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.