Saltwater Aurora all-resin pool build thread!

Ok, so today my daughter just happened to have the day off, as did I. We got a lot done, including backfilling around the pool, re-plumbing the return, which still has a stupid drip and it’s coming from the other GLUED IN HOSE BARB. Yep, they glued one to the return too. Sigh.

I‘m going to live with it until the water is a little warmer, then I can get in and replace skimmer and return at same time. Happily, the skimmer connection isn’t leaking at all, but I won’t be satisfied until I have a valve plumbed in there as well. So hopefully I can do just one more plumbing changeover and have new pump and filter by then too.

I added three bags of salt today as well, and will test tomorrow to see where I am at. I’ll be glad to get the SWG going again.

I still have to bond the skimmer and wall connection - loosened up the upright so I can get to a nut. I’ll do that tomorrow, and also finish cleaning up my steps. I’m already daydreaming about a deck! I want a bi-level deck that is only a foot or two off of the ground, with stairs up to second level at wall height in order to attach a ladder. Don’t want the whole deck at wall height because fence is only 6’ and I’d be staring into neighbor‘s yard. Lol

I’ll get some better photos tomorrow, sun was already on the downward track when I took these. The blocks around the pool are for me to stand on to see over the wall AND to keep my 12 year old greyhound from digging. She loves a fresh, sandy hole to lie in, and she already unburied a section of my bonding wire once.

Landscaping will happen a little at a time, since it’s either just me, or if I’m lucky, daughter’s day off will coincide.

1F7F0ACE-C33D-4314-BCF5-3C1597D93DB1.jpeg

8645F619-4641-4EF7-87E6-299165F5356C.jpeg

Looks good, that liner is sharp! Any flow restriction issues with multiple 90 degree elbows? You might be able to eliminate two of the 90s by taking the return straight over and up to your filter. Also, can you post a pic of where the leak is coming from?

Looks good, that liner is sharp! Any flow restriction issues with multiple 90 degree elbows? You might be able to eliminate two of the 90s by taking the return straight over and up to your filter. Also, can you post a pic of where the leak is coming from?
No, flow is fine. I decided to do it that way so that the pvc had some support. Also, the last couple of bends to the filter were due to mismeasuring and not wanting to mess with it anymore. Lol. It’s temporary anyway.

Yes, I can take photo but I know exactly where the leak is coming from and why.

No, flow is fine. I decided to do it that way so that the pvc had some support. Also, the last couple of bends to the filter were due to mismeasuring and not wanting to mess with it anymore. Lol. It’s temporary anyway.

Yes, I can take photo but I know exactly where the leak is coming from and why.

Gray and cloudy today, so no new pics. But, I haven’t put any skimmer socks on since the pool was installed, and Ms. “I never have to backwash“ noticed my filter pressure was up to 14! Usually it is at 10 and never budges. So, I dragged out the backwash hose, couldn’t find the clamp so trusty duct tape to the rescue, and gross. Between the pollen and basically no grass since the yard was torn up, it was almost black. I’m kind of annoyed that I didn’t think to check it yesterday before adding salt, but oh well.

So, use those skimmer socks or hairnets, folks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That really is such a pretty liner. I hopped onto thepoolfactory.com yesterday to check something, and it showed this liner in stock in my size, and I was MAD because it wasn't in stock when I ordered! I was thinking about seeing if I could exchange just my liner, but I just checked now, and it's back out of stock. In fact, ALL unibead liners for my size are out of stock on their site, so I'll just stick with my boring ol' Mystri Gold since it's certainly better than nothing! And I can guarantee my husband and kids will absolutely never care about the design on the liner, so it would really just be for me :p

That really is such a pretty liner. I hopped onto thepoolfactory.com yesterday to check something, and it showed this liner in stock in my size, and I was MAD because it wasn't in stock when I ordered! I was thinking about seeing if I could exchange just my liner, but I just checked now, and it's back out of stock. In fact, ALL unibead liners for my size are out of stock on their site, so I'll just stick with my boring ol' Mystri Gold since it's certainly better than nothing! And I can guarantee my husband and kids will absolutely never care about the design on the liner, so it would really just be for me :p
As long as it holds in the wetness and fun. :cool:

And I can guarantee my husband and kids will absolutely never care about the design on the liner, so it would really just be for me
Or your guests. I tried to point out neat things 100 times when folks were over and nobody ever cared. ‘Weeeeeeeee I’M SWIMMING !!!’

a wet pool and tasty food is all that ever mattered. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.