Running out of options, opinions needed

Cfauver

May 21, 2020
Bristol tn
Hello, I’m Chris, new member, thanks for having me,I’ve been reading a lot of posts cant seem to find an answer, i have a strange situation that no one seems to know what’s going on. I’ll try to be brief, I have an above ground, 15x30,x48, one skimmer, one return, it is an older poll but well maintained over the years, I installed myself about 15 years ago, all my plumbing is pvc, Hayward 1.5, 175 L.B. filter, runs consistent 15 lbs pressure. Never had an issue before this year, I replaced my liner and I had a light in the return with the snap cover with the slits or slot style grooves for water return, new liner installed, double insulation on sides and blanket on bottom,replaced return with standard 3/4 eyeball. Since I replaced liner I had been losing water, zero leaks at skimmer or return, no plumbing leaks, replaced filter sand and cleaned pump after I noticed leaks as I thought it was in the line, there are no wet areas around pool and I’ve dye tested and bucket tested the liner, checked all seams, and pool will sometimes not lose water for a week so I don’t think it is liner. Here’s the weird thing, seems like it only loses water after backwash, I replaced entire valve assembly and there is no leaking past valve, last week it did not lose any for entire week, as for weather there has been some fluctuations in humidity and I have separate water fountains that do evaporate couple inches at times, I have an eyeball return that I usually remove when I vacuum and backwash pool, I noticed a vortex creating out from return and have adjusted it up and down to correct this, my question is I’m at my end for replacing things, I wonder if the return can be aerating the water at times and cause accelerated evap, can the insulation cause accelerated evap, it doesn’t change when I use solar blanket. Sorry for long post, all local people have no idea, I’ve done everything to my pool for 15 years so I’ve fixed everything but I can’t Pin this down, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks chris

Last edited:
Thanks, will do, I have monitored humidity, temperature and wind and I did notice the week I didn’t lose any everything was stable, I’ve never had this issue in years past, can adding additional insulation and the bottom blanket effect evap?

I updated sig., I used the roll out insulation on the walls, actually doubled it and put the cloth blanket on the ground under the liner.

To the extent that the insulation keeps the water temperature above air temperature it will increase evaporations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.