Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
IMG_1539.jpeg
Liner was replaced right before we closed on our house early September 2022 (when we knew nothing about pools)

Now there’s a spot where it’s popping out. I’ve looked at the liner abc post and think I can get it back in. My question is about the liner bead placement in the coping. Should my liner be in that slot in the coping instead of under it?

Start massaging to the left here and it will find it's way home.

Screenshot_20230505_170121_Chrome.jpg

You may have to switch sides and do a little at a time. Then get some liner lock and tap it in with a rubber mallot. A 100ft roll of liner lock is cheap. ($25 ?) Do the whole pool and you won't find more spots next year.

Is the coping pulling away too or is it a camera angle thing ?

Reactions: nrobfd_pl
Some coping has two tracks.

The lower track is for the liner and the upper track is for a pool cover.

img.axd

img.axd

ca5e35ab-86ce-4a3a-ac05-223c0a1dde41.jpg

Reactions: nrobfd_pl
Start massaging to the left here and it will find it's way home.

View attachment 488880

You may have to switch sides and do a little at a time. Then get some liner lock and tap it in with a rubber mallot. A 100ft roll of liner lock is cheap. ($25 ?) Do the whole pool and you won't find more spots next year.

Is the coping pulling away too or is it a camera angle thing ?
Coping is pulling away in spots. The pool inspection we had when we purchased said it was likely warped due to heat buildup under the auto cover.

Next project is to do some caulking in the gaps. Have to do some more searching and thread reading to find out how.

In the future, I’m guessing we’ll have to replace the coping and concrete deck.

IMG_1542.jpegIMG_1541.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.